|Add a Photo|
Seoul, South Korea
Yoon Bae is a scenic designer, costume designer, and professor of design. She was born in Seoul, South Korea and is currently working in the United States. Her work has been showcased in the United States, United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan, and Norway. Bae is currently Assistant Professor of Scene Design at the University of Kentucky’s College of Fine Arts, Department of Theatre & Dance.
Bae received a Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art from Middlesex University (formerly Hornsey College of Art). She then received a Postgraduate Diploma in Theatre Design from the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama before obtaining her Master of Arts in Fine Art (Theatre Design) from the Slade School of Fine Art at University College London.
Bae's U.S. scenic designs have been featured at San Diego Repertory Theatre, Actors Theatre of Louisville, Pioneer Theatre Company,Phoenix Theatre, Arizona Theatre Company, and Oklahoma City University. Her U.S. costume designs have appeared at Pioneer Theatre Company and Arizona Theatre Company.
Bae's work has also been featured internationally in London’s West End and at the Edinburgh International Festival, Dublin Festival, and Scotland’s Byre Theatre, among others. Bae has also worked extensively with John Napier as Associate and Assistant Designer for numerous West End productions, including Trevor Nunn's Gone with the Wind at Gillian Lynne Theatre (formerly the New London), Birdsong at the Harold Pinter Theatre, Skellig at The Young Vic, and Equus at The Gielgud Theatre (starring Daniel Radcliffe).
Bae was the recipient of the San Francisco Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle Award for Best Set Design for her work on Disconnect at San Jose Repertory Theatre (2013), and Best Set and Best Costume Awards from The Arizona Republic for her work on The Importance of Being Earnest at Arizona Theatre Company (2014). She also received a nomination for a Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Dramatic Production for Luis Alfaro’s Oedipus El Rey at San Diego Repertory Theatre (2015), and was twice nominated for AriZoni Awards for Best Production for her work on Anything Goes and Ain't Misbehavin at Phoenix Theatre (2015).
Bae is married to theatre director and educator Stephen Wrentmore.
- "Yoon Bae | College of Fine Arts". finearts.uky.edu. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- ago, San Diego Repertory Theatre San Diego Repertory Theatre Home 79 Horton Plaza San Diego CA 92101 USAhome Work Phone:544-1000work Website: San Diego REP website Categories: Uncategorized Updated 8 years. "A Classical Tragedy Reinvented: Oedipus in the L.A. Barrio". San Diego Story. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Yoon Bae | Actors Theatre". www.actorstheatre.org. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "PTC Presents: Once". Pioneer Theatre Company. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "PTC Presents "Once On This Island"". Pioneer Theatre Company. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Phoenix - "Ain't Misbehavin'" - 1/30/14". www.talkinbroadway.com. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "PHX Stages: reviews - EVITA - Phoenix Theatre". PHX Stages. 2016-03-02. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Allen, Kathleen. "Review: Arizona Theatre Company's 'The Importance of Being Earnest'". Arizona Daily Star. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "The Sunshine Boys - Theatre Review - Arizona Theatre Company, Phoneix". Valley Screen and Stage: David Appleford's Film and Theatre Reviews. 2013-04-02. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Research & Creative Activity - Rave Reviews for the Department of Theatre &..." ukfineartsresearch.tumblr.com. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Desk, BWW News. "Anneliese van der Pol to Lead New Musical JANE AUSTEN'S EMMA at Arizona Theatre Company". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Gone With The Wind London theatre stage show". www.thisistheatre.com. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Desk, BWW News. "Trevor Nunn to Direct Faulk's BIRDSONG; Opens Sept. 18 in London". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Skellig, Young Vic, London". The Independent. 2003-12-04. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Theatre review: Equus / Gielgud Theatre, London". the Guardian. 2007-02-28. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Stark, Clinton (2014-05-07). "Celebrating San Francisco Theater - Awards announced". Stark Insider. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "2015 Awards". The San Diego Theatre Critics Circle. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Bartkowski, Becky (2015-08-05). "AriZoni Theatre Awards: Here are the 2014-15 Nominees". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Yoon Bae on instagram
- Yoon Bae | College of Fine Arts
- Yoon Bae on linkedin
- Yoon Young Bae - The Society
- Yoon Bae | Actors Theatre
- Yoon Bae - ArtStation