|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 25, 1985|
|Alma mater||Alkufa University|
Yasir Alyasiri (Arabic:ياسر الياسري, born May 25, 1985) is a Iraqi Director, writer & Producer.
Alyasiri spent his earlier years living in Baghdad coming from a family that is well known for their connection to the film & media industry both in Iraq & GCC.
Alyasiri first studied civil engineering in Alkufa University but was forced to drop out and leave the country as the upcoming war in Iraq was ahead, so he left with his family to UAE and from there he started his first connection to the industry working as an intern in Baghdad production house which is based in Dubai.
Soon after Al yasiri started working as an editor in the same company and his career in directing was first started by directing a music video for one of the famous bands in Dubai.
In 2003 Yasir started his career as a director followed by astonishing achievements, awards & recognitions from both the Arab world and the international film scene.
In 2009 and after 6 years in the industry directing music videos, Alyasiri's name began to become more popular within the Arab media. Directing one of the biggest production was ever known for a music video called Tefarigna Alsinin featuring Mohamed Abdo and Asala Nasri, his career in music video continued successfully after cooperating with the most famous stars in the middle east which got him awarded best Arab director for music videos three times.
In 2010, Yasir filmed his first TV Series Ma Asaab Alkalam a 31 episodes was aired in many of the best arabic TV stations such as MBC & Abudhabi TV followed by other successful TV shows like the Arabic version of sesame street.
His debut in films was in 2012 by directing the award winning short Murk Light the short was featured and awarded by more than 30 film festival around the world. after that Yasir was involved in both directing and producing more than other 12 short films which lead him to establish his own production company Starship Entertainment partnering up with his friend the actor Mansoor Alfeeli, Alyasiri then through the company produced many TV shows like Ala Gad Alhal, Akhir Almataf, Asmaa Allahu Alhusna and many more.
In 2016, Alyasiri directed His first feature film On borrowed time 2018 aka Shabab Sheyab a story about Four grumpy old men in a Dubai retirement home get a new lease on life when one of them receives a windfall inheritance.
The film premiered at the palm springs international Film Festival in California, USA and it was very well received selling out full tickets and opening new theatres. The film got the attention of the US media and the prestigious The Hollywood Reporter held a special screening for the film in Hollywood. The film after that premiered in many other film festivals in the united states winning two awards as best film and getting high reviews as one of the best international films coming from the Arab world. The film was theatrically released in 2018 and it was very well received by both the audience and critics.
In late 2017, Yasir Alyasiri started working on his second feature film, the Egyptian horror/thriller film 122 the first ever Egyptian film to use the 4DX technology  The film was a box office hit and was highly praised as one of the few attempt in the history of Egyptian cinema in this genre, also the film was he first arabic film to be dubbed to Urdu language and was released in theatres in Pakistan.
- 122 (film) (2019)
- On borrowed time aka Shabab Sheyab (film) (2018) Premiered in Palm Springs International film festival
- Sesame Street (tv show) (2015)
- When The music speaks (documentary) (2013)
- This is My Night (short film) (Supervisor Director) (2013)
- Murk Light (short film) (2012)
In the media
- Yasir Alyasiri on Facebook
- Yasir Alyasiri on Twitter
- Yasir Alyasiri on Imdb
- Yasir Alyasiri on Instagram
- Yasir Alyasiri on Youtube
- Starship Entertainment official website
- "بعد أن كان الفنانون يتباهون بأرقام التصوير الخيالية.. هل عصف "التقشف" بموجة الكليبات الغنائية؟". مجلة سيدتي. September 16, 2017.
- "The biggest misconceptions of Arabic cinema with Yasir Al-Yasiri". Esquire Middle East.
- "ما أصعب الكلام (مسلسل)". May 6, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Sesame Street" – via www.imdb.com.
- "'On Borrowed Time': Film Review | Palm Springs 2018". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "'122', 1st Egyptian movie to use 4DX technology premieres in Dubai". EgyptToday.
- "Screening of Egyptian suspense-thriller '122' held in Karachi". January 21, 2019.
This article "Yasir Alyasiri" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.