Wiedemann & Berg Film Production
|Industry||Film & Television|
Wiedemann & Berg Film is a German film production company founded by Quirin Berg and Max Wiedemann in 2003. The company’s first movie The Lives of Others won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 2007.
In 2003, while still studying at the Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film München (The University of Television and Film Munich), Quirin Berg and Max Wiedemann founded Wiedemann & Berg Film. W&B Television followed in 2010. Since January 2020, both companies are part of the newly founded studio Leonine. Quirin Berg and Max Wiedemann are shareholders and founding members of the studio and, as Leonine Holding’s managing directors and chief production officers, lead the group’s entire fiction production.
Their first big feature film, the directing debut of Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, The Lives of Others, received the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2007, followed by Never Look Away, which was nominated for two Academy Awards in 2019. Other cinematic hits include Baran bo Odar’s hacking thriller Who am I or Simon Verhoeven’s comedy Welcome to Germany, which, with 3.9 million theatergoers, was the most successful German film in 2016. Nightlife, which opened in theaters on February 13, 2020, marked the fifth collaboration with Simon Verhoeven.
Next to traditional production formats for free-TV or linear television Wiedemann & Berg has also positioned itself as the first German company within the new market of pay television and video on demand. In 2012, the first German self-produced pay TV show was created for TNT Serie, followed by 4 Blocks. Wiedemann & Berg also produced Dark, the first German Netflix Original and Pagan Peak, one of the first originals for Sky Deutschland. Tribes of Europa is yet another big series that’s being produced for Netflix.
Quirin Berg and Max Wiedemann are members of Deutsche Filmakademie,British Film Academy as well as European Film Academy. From March 2008 to February 2018, Max Wiedemann was a member of the theater movie section committee of the Allianz Deutscher Produzenten – Film & Fernsehen (Alliance of German Producers – Film and TV).
Awards and accolades
Wiedemann & Berg Film and Wiedemann & Berg Television’s producers and productions have received over 60 international short film awards, film festival honors and accolades, including the Eastman Film Prize at Hof International Film Festival, numerous awards of the Deutsche Film- und Medienbewertung (FBW), Sehsüchte Potsdam-Babelsberg’s Special Producer Award, two German Short Film Award nominations, five Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau Awards and Cannes Film Festival’s European New Talent Award.
They have also received an Academy Award, Auszeichnung der Deutschen Akademie für Fernsehen (Award of the German Acadamy for TV), British Academy of Film and Television Arts, Bambi, Bayerischer Fernsehpreis (Bavarian TV Award), Bayerischer Filmpreis (Bavarian Film Award), César, European Film Award, Hollywood Reporter Award, Deutscher Fernsehpreis (German TV Award), Deutscher Filmpreis (German Film Award), Fernsehfilmpreis der Deutschen Akademie der Darstellenden Künste (TV Film Award of the German Acadamy of Performing Arts), Goldene Kamera (Golden Camera), Golden Nymph, Grimme-Preis (Grimme Award), GQ Award, LA Critics Award, Magnolia Award, Mira Award, Rockie Award, Romy and Golden Globe.
- ↑ White, Peter; White, Peter (2019-11-15). "Endemol Shine Sells 'Dark' & '4 Blocks' Producer Wiedemann & Berg Television To KKR-Backed Leonine". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ↑ "Oscars 2019: Winners in full". BBC News. 2019-02-25. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ↑ GmbH, DWDL de. "Drehstart für deutsche Netflix-Serie "Tribes of Europa"". DWDL.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ↑ "Mitglieder". Deutsche Filmakademie (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ↑ "Current members of the Academy". www.bafta.org. 2016-01-26. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ↑ "European Film Academy : Members". www.europeanfilmacademy.org. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- ↑ "Vorstandswahlen der Produzentenallianz-Sektion Kino – "Der Kinofilm ist unsere gemeinsame Sache" » Pressemitteilung » Produzentenallianz". Produzentenallianz (in Deutsch). 2018-02-15. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Wiedemann & Berg Film Production official website
- W&B Television official website
- Wiedemann & Berg Film produktion on Imdb
- W&B Television on Imdb
- Wiedemann & Berg film and TV on Facebook
- Wiedemann & Berg film and TV on youtube
This article "Wiedemann & Berg Film Production" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.