|Add a Photo|
|Born||October 16, 1990|
Eastern Cape, South Africa
Wandile Sihlobo is chief economist of the Agricultural Business Chamber of South Africa (Agbiz). Sihlobo is a commissioner at the International Trade Administration Commission of South Africa (ITAC).
He is the author of Finding Common Ground: Land, Equity and Agriculture.
Sihlobo is a columnist for Business Day and Farmers Weekly magazine. He also contributes to Fin24 and Daily Maverick.
Sihlobo is a member of the South African Agricultural Economics Association.
He has previously served as an economist at Grain South Africa (Grain SA).
Sihlobo holds a Master of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from Stellenbosch University.
In 2018, Agricultural Writers SA named Sihlobo an Agriculturalist of the Year. In 2019, Sihlobo was on the Mail & Guardian Top 200 Young South Africans.
- Sihlobo, W. essay in Parsons, R. (2020). Recession, Recovery & Reform. Jacana Media, South Africa. EAN 9781431429882.
- Sihlobo, W. (2020). Finding Common Ground: Land, Equity and Agriculture. Pan Macmillan, South Africa. ISBN 9781770107168.
- Sihlobo, W., & Kapuya, T. (2018). Why Land'Expropriation without Compensation'is a bad idea. CDE Viewpoints No. 2, July 2018.
- Sihlobo, W. (2018). The effect of land expropriation without compensation debate. FarmBiz, 4(11), 10–11.
- Sihlobo, W. (2017). South Africa’s land reform: How it could work. Farmer’s Weekly, Volume 2017 Number 17022, Jun 2017, p. 14 – 25.
- Sihlobo, W. (2016). An evaluation of competitiveness of South African maize exports. MScAgric thesis Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Sihlobo, W., & Nel, L. (2016). Is South Africa’s agricultural sector addressing inclusive socio-economic development?. Opportunity for Change, 65. ISBN 9781928332244. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.24184.06407
- Kapuya, T., & Sihlobo, W. (2016). Prioritisation of South Africa's orange export market in the Far East. FarmBiz, 2(9), 16–17.
- Sihlobo, W., & Kapuya, T. (2016). Agbiz/IDC Agribusiness Confidence Index remains low: agribusiness update. FarmBiz, 2(7), 12–13.
- Sihlobo, W. (2016). Review of the domestic and global wheat markets: business-wheat market. Farmer’s Weekly, 2016(16018), 42–43.
- Sihlobo, W. (2016). Increased investment in research could potentially save South Africa’s wheat sector. Africa at LSE (24 Aug 2016). Blog Entry.
- Sihlobo, W. (2014). South African maize market structure and East African export opportunities under the spotlight. Bothaville: Grain SA. www.grainsa.co.za/south-african-maize-market-structure-and-east-africanexport opportunities-under-the-spotlight.
- Kapuya, T., & Sihlobo, W. (2014). South Africa’s maize exports: A Strategic Export Market Analysis model approach. Conference Paper for the 52nd Annual Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA) Conference 2014.
In the media
- Wandile Sihlobo on Twitter
- Wandile Sihlobo on Instagram
- Wandile Sihlobo on linkedin
- Wandile Sihlobo - Bizcommunity
- Agriculture After the Pandemic by Wandile Sihlobo - Project syndicate
- Wandile SIHLOBO | Chief Economist | MSc Agricultural
- Wandile Sihlobo - HuffPost UK
This article "Wandile Sihlobo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.