20 September 1994
Wallis Day (born 20 September 1994) is a British actress and model, best known for her roles on the soap opera Hollyoaks and the TV series Krypton (TV series).
Wallis Day was born on 20 September 1994 in Ilford, England. Day has stated that she came from "a very normal family with very normal jobs" as none of her family had ties to the entertainment industry. When five years old, she became passionate about acting after being taken to see ballets by her father, and joined Stagecoach Theatre Arts at the same age. Day signed on to the modelling agency Models1 at the age of 13, and was the youngest in the agency for three years. Day attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London, and then went on to study full time at the Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, Hertfordshire.
Day started modelling at the age of 13. When she was 19, she landed her first film role as Lucy in Between Two Worlds in 2016. Day's first television role was Holly Cunningham in the British soap opera Hollyoaks from 2012 to 2013. In 2014, Day appeared in a YouTube prank video where she masquarades as the girlfriend of Caspar Lee, and flirts with his roommate Joe Sugg. The video gained over 22 million views. Day played Olalla Jekyll/Hyde in the 2015 series Jekyll and Hyde (TV series). In 2017, she appeared as Cressida Deveraux in Will (TV series)|Will, and from 2016 to 2018 she played the recurring role of Angie on The Royals (TV series). From 2018 to 2019, Day portrayed the series regular role of Nyssa-Vex, Superman's grandmother, in the American science fiction series Krypton (TV series). She will appear as Shin in the upcoming film Infinite (film). In 2021, Day was cast in the American Superhero fiction television series Batwoman (TV series) to take over the role of Kate Kane (Arrowverse) from Ruby Rose.
Day is trained in various martial arts such as Mixed martial arts, boxing and Muay Thai. An aspiring writer, she wrote a psychological thriller novel and intends to convert it into a screenplay.
|2015||Jekyll and Hyde||Olalla Jekyll/Hyde||Recurring role|
|2016–2018||The Royals||Angie||Recurring role|
|2017||Will||Cressida Deveraux||Guest role|
|2021–present||Batwoman||Kate Kane||Recurring role|
|2016||Between Two Worlds||Lucy|
- "Wallis Day". Rotten Tomatoes. Archived from the original on 24 March 2021. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- Hawke, Heather (11 April 2018). "Wallis Day". Decorated Youth. Archived from the original on 24 March 2021. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (26 October 2012). "Hollyoaks: Cindy's daughter Holly returning to soap". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 28 October 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (3 October 2013). "Hollyoaks Holly Cunningham role recast". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 21 August 2020. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- Butcher, David. "Jekyll and Hyde – S1 – Episode 8: 'Moroii'". Radio Times. Archived from the original on 24 March 2021. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- "Wallis Day – Krypton". Starry Constellation Magazine. 11 April 2018. Archived from the original on 28 January 2020. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- Petski, Denise (10 October 2017). "Krypton: Ian McElhinney & Elliot Cowan Among Six Cast In Syfy Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 28 December 2017. Retrieved 5 May 2018.
- Webb Mitovich, Matt (16 August 2019). "Krypton Cancelled at Syfy After 2 Seasons, Lobo Spinoff Passed Over". TVLine. Archived from the original on 16 August 2019. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "Krypton: Nyssa-Vex". Syfy. Archived from the original on 3 February 2020. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- Motes, Jax (14 April 2020). "Paramount Moves Mark Wahlberg Sci-Fi Thriller Infinite from August to May 2021". ScienceFiction.com. Archived from the original on 7 August 2020. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (22 March 2021). "'Batwoman' Sets Wallis Day As New, Altered Kate Kane In Big Reveal". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 22 March 2021. Retrieved 22 March 2021.