|Born||April 22, 1958|
|Known for||Served as acting Premier of Mpumalanga between August and November 2015|
Vusumuzi Robert Shongwe (born 22 April 1958), known as Vusi Shongwe is a South African politician who served as acting Premier of Mpumalanga between August and November 2015  while then Premier and now deputy president David Mabuza was being treated for an alleged food poisoning.  He is a member of the Mpumalanga Provincial Legislature for the African National Congress (ANC).
He was the MEC for the Mpumalanga Department of Community Safety, Security and Liaison when Mabuza handpicked him to stand in his position while he was off sick 
Shongwe is currently serving as the Mpumalanga MEC for Agriculture, Rural Development, Land and Environmental Affairs, a position he assumed after the 3 August 2016 local government elections when Mabuza reshuffled his cabinet and moved him from the security cluster to be the new agricultural MEC. 
As an MEC of Community Safety, Security and Liaison, Shongwe was the political head of the provincial security apparatus.
In December 2015, Shongwe was elected the provincial treasurer of the ANC in the Mpumalanga province during an elective congress that elected Mabuza for a third term as ANC provincial chairperson.  . Before this Shongwe had served as regional chairperson of the Gert Sibande ANC. 
Shongwe was widely praised while MEC for Community Safety, Security and Liaison for his commitments in working closely with the police and lead to the front in the fight against crime. 
In February 2020, Premier Refilwe Mtsweni-Tsipane assigned Shongwe to meet Russia's Sverdlovsk region minister of international and foreign economic affairs, Visiliy Kozlov, for bi-lateral talks.
He is Mtsweni-Tsipane's second-in-charge, being the leader of government business in Mpumalanga. 
- Mpumalanga premier blames illness on poison,Lowvelder, 29 January 2016
- - Premier Mabuza 'recuperating',IOL, 1 October 2015
- - Mpumalanga premier claims he was poisoned,News24, 27 January 2016
- Mpumalanga's premier to return to work next week, spokesperson, News24,10 November 2015
- Mabuza reshuffles Mpumalanga MECs, Mpumalanga News, 19 August 2016
- DD Mabuza re-elected ANC Mpumalanga chairperson,Politics Web, 13 December 2015
- ANC welcome back former members from EFF and PAC,Highvelder, 8 September 2014
- ‘Keep your children from being raped’: Provincial leader , Praag, 16 September 2013
- Premier delegates Vusi Shongwe to sign agreement with Russian Govt, 013NEWS, 7 February 2020
This article "Vusi Shongwe" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.