Brooklyn, New York
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Vivienne Baber was an actress in the United States. She had a starring role in the 1932 film The Black King (film).
After disliking the roles she was typecast in, she quit acting for seven years. During this time, she worked for the Afro-American Newspapers and organized a children's theater organization in Washington, D.C. She returned to acting around 1946 to play the character Wini Bennett in the play, On Whitman Avenue in New York City.
Baber was a principal actor in a 1932 production of the musical comedy Shuffle Along by Flournoy Miller.
She was the only woman cast in one show.
- Savage Rhythm
- Make Me Know It (1929) as Mona Bannon
- Shuffle Along of 1933 as Alice Walker a revival of Shuffle Along
- On Whitman Avenue as Wini Bennett
- They Know Their Groceries (1929)
- The Black King (film) (1932) as Mary Lou Lawton
- "Vivienne Baber of Brooklyn Glad She's Not Playing Hussy". The Brooklyn Daily Eagle. 27 May 1946. p. 13. Retrieved 15 November 2021.
- "New Colored Play "Coincidental"". Daily News. November 3, 1929. p. 77. Retrieved November 15, 2021.
- "Monday Night On Broadway". The Standard Union. 2 November 1929. p. 5. Retrieved 15 November 2021.
- "Hot Feet, Hot Horns In New 'Shuffle Along'". Daily News. December 27, 1932. p. 35. Retrieved November 15, 2021.
- Jefferson, Miles M. (1947). "The Negro on Broadway, 1946-1947". Phylon (1940-1956). 8 (2): 146–159. doi:10.2307/271722 – via JSTOR.
- "Vivienne Baber". Playbill.
- Peterson, Bernard L. (November 14, 1993). "A Century of Musicals in Black and White: An Encyclopedia of Musical Stage Works By, About, Or Involving African Americans". Greenwood Publishing Group – via Google Books.
- Dietz, Dan (March 29, 2018). "The Complete Book of 1930s Broadway Musicals". Rowman & Littlefield – via Google Books.
- McGrath, Patrick J. (August 23, 2006). "John Garfield: The Illustrated Career in Films and on Stage". McFarland – via Google Books.
This article "Vivienne Baber" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.