United Armenia Party
United Armenia Party
|Founded||December 22, 2018|
The United Armenia Party is an Armenian political party in Artsakh.
The United Armenia Party was established on 22 December, 2018. In July 2019, party members called on former President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan to resign, citing concerns over corruption. The party also voiced concern over growing poverty in Artsakh.
On 23 December 2019, it was announced that party leader Vahan Badasyan would run for the presidency of Artsakh and that he would lead the party in the 2020 Artsakhian general election. Badasyan was nominated unanimously during a party congress.
The party's principle ideology is the establishment of a United Armenia. Party leader Badasyan has stated, "The two Armenian states should unite in the near future in a peaceful and smooth way and become one Mighty Homeland - the United Homeland."
Party leader Vahan Badasyan is closely allied with Armenia's prime minister Nikol Pashinyan and believes that Artsakh should closely adhere to Pashinyan's inspiring 'renewal' philosophy which sparked the 2018 Armenian revolution. Badasyan is one of the few political figures in Artsakh who supports Pashinyan's reformist agenda.
Following the 2020 election, the party gained just 1.03% of the votes after the first round of voting, failing to qualify for the second round. Furthermore, the party failed to gain any seats in the National Assembly.
- "Vahan Badasyan to run for Karabakh President". artsakhinfo.am.
- "Arminfo: Artsakh party United Armenia demands resignation of President Bako Sahakyan". arminfo.info.
- "Vahan Badasyan to run for Karabakh President". news.am.
- "Vahan Badasyan will run for Artsakh President". PanARMENIAN.Net.
- "Vahan Badasyan was nominated for the post of Artsakh President » News Day". news.newsfeed1.ru.
- "2020 Artsakh Presidential Election: The Eight Likely Candidates". Hetq.am.
- "Our Campaigns - Political Party - United Armenia (UAP)". www.ourcampaigns.com.
- "Nagorno-Karabakh Elections: Meet the Candidates". www.civilnet.am.
- "Solitaire of election in Karabakh: the new party and all the famous names".
This article "United Armenia Party" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.