|Add a Photo|
New York City
|Alma mater||Temple University|
Tomas Ramos is a Dominican-American activist and founder of Bronx Rising Initiative. He is known for donating money to small business owners and other medical and healthcare institutions in Bronx who were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
He was also a candidate for the United States Congress representing the Bronx District 15 surrounding the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Adriano Espaillat districts. Ramos has worked as the program director for Bronx River’s Children’s Arts & Science Workshops at Bronx River community center.
Ramos was born in Washington Heights, New York. He graduated in finance from Temple University.
Ramos started the Bronx Rising Initiative in March 2020 to connect donors with hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic. Through his initiative, Ramos raised USD 3 million from a Wall Street financial company.
He donated USD 100,000 to Morris Heights Health Center, USD 100,000 to Urban Health Plan, USD 1,130,000 to St. Barnabas Hospital (Bronx)|St. Barnabas Hospital and USD 1,714,000 to Bronx Care Health System.
Apart from helping healthcare facilities, he also created the first technology center for children who live at the New York public housing facilities and donated USD ten thousand each to 24 small business owners who were affected by the pandemic.
- Goba, Kadia. "The Group That Helped Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Will Endorse A New Slate Of Progressives Running For Congress". BuzzFeed News. BuzzFeed. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- "Meet Tomas Ramos, Congressional Candidate for District 15 in The Bronx". Univision. December 16, 2019. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- Grench, Eileen (February 11, 2020). "Bronx River Houses Get Long-Delayed Computer Upgrade". The City.
- Domingo, Santo (May 7, 2020). "Candidate for the US Congress of Dominican origin raises US $ 3 MM for clinics in the Bronx". Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- Hernandez Pena, Angie (April 19, 2020). "The Bronx: A Politician Who Helps Hospitals | NY City Lens". nycitylens.com. NY City Lens. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- "Tomas Ramos and the Bronx Rising Initiative present MHHC Foundation $100,000". MHHC Foundation. March 20, 2020. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- "New York Public Housing Kids Get Latest-Model Computers for the First Time". Telemundo.com. February 17, 2020. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- "Bronx Benefactor Helps Community Rise Up From COVID-19". NBC New York. NBC Universal Media. Retrieved 5 October 2020.