|Add a Photo|
|Born||February 14, 1977|
|Alma mater||London Film School|
|Known for||The interactive feature film Late Shift (2016)|
|Awards||BAFTA Cymru award|
Tobias Weber (born 14 February 1977) is a Swiss film director, screenwriter and technology entrepreneur. He is best known for directing the interactive feature film Late Shift (2016), for which he won the BAFTA Cymru award. He is the founder of participative motion picture technology company CtrlMovie AG and Los Angeles based production company Kino Industries.
Weber grew up in Switzerland and studied filmmaking at London Film School.
Working as a commercial director he was looking for alternative forms of advertising and branded entertainment, when he re-discovered an his fascination with multi-branched storytelling that rooted in the adventure games he played and choose your own adventure books he read as a kid, a format that he now applied to movies.
He shot an interactive proof of concept film in 2013 and set up interactive movie technology company CtrlMovie AG the year after. In 2015 he shot LATE SHIFT in London, the interactive feature-lenght film that he wrote together with Michael Robert Johnson. The film was first released in 2016 at the Cannes Film Festival (Next), travelled on to festivals such as the New York Film Festival, Raindance and the Locarno International Film Festival and won multiple awards including a BAFTA Cymru award..
|2016||Late Shift||Yes||Yes||BAFTA Cymru Award for Best Game|
In the media
- "Late Shift: A FREE Interactive Movie Experience On Us!". Revolution. 2016-11-30. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Bradley, Dave; Officer, Chief Operations. "CtrlMovie on taking their award-winning interactive film from your phone to the big screen". pocketgamer.biz. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Tobias Weber - Late Shift". Adventure Gamers. 2016-09-23. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "这电影有 180 个"岔路口"和 7 个不同的结局，你会喜欢与它互动吗？_娱乐_好奇心日报". www.qdaily.com. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "The Player: 'Late Shift' is the first fully realized choose-your-own adventure movie. Or is it a game?". Los Angeles Times. 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Análise Arkade: Late Shift é um interessante filme interativo para assistir (e jogar)". Arkade (in português). 2017-04-22. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Michael Robert Johnson". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "'Late Shift', una película en la que tú decides el final". El futuro es apasionante (in español). 2016-06-03. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Ces start-up suisses qui inventent le cinéma de demain". Bilan (in français). Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Pedersen, Erik; Pedersen, Erik (2016-08-15). "New York Film Festival's Convergence Section For "Immersive Storytelling" Sets 2016 Lineup". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Learn more about interactive Cinema and Festival Screenings". LATE SHIFT. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Tobias Weber • Director". Cineuropa - the best of european cinema. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Winners of the 2018 British Academy Cymru Awards". www.bafta.org. 2018-10-14. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- Cieply, Michael; Cieply, Michael (2017-10-16). "Paramount Flirts With Kino's Interactive Film 'Late Shift'; Gives A Lesson In Movie Logic". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Lopez, Ricardo; Lopez, Ricardo (2018-04-26). "'Choose Your Own Adventure' Interactive Movie in the Works at Fox". Variety. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Fox Plans 'Choose Your Own Adventure' Movie With Greg Berlanti". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- Sneider, Jeff (2019-08-14). "Exclusive: 'Crawl's Alexandre Aja to Direct Interactive Haunted House Movie for Amblin". Collider. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "CtrlMovie - Interactive Movie Format". CtrlMovie. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- "Interactive Moviemaking Technology to Be Unveiled in July in Hollywood". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- Tobias Weber on imdb
- Tobias Weber on twitter
- Tobias Weber - SWISS FILMS
- Tobias Weber • Director - Cineuropa
- Tobias Weber - Late Shift | Adventure Gamers
- Tobias Weber Archive - My CMS - marcbodmer.com
- Late Shift presented by NIFFF - HeK
- Late Shift - Locarno Festival
This article "Tobias Weber" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.