The Zay Initiative
|Motto||To promote an understanding of the evolution of regional culture|
|Founder||Dr. Reem El Mutwalli|
|Legal status||Digital museum|
|Headquarters||41 Alder Lodge, Stevenage rd,|
The Zay Initiative , founded in 2018, is the first "fashion-history" archive of its kind. It is a digital museum that exhibits more than 1200 pieces of traditional clothing from the Middle East.
The Initiative is a non_profit venture, celebrates the preservation of Arab heritage. It seeks to perpetuate tangible and intangible heritage through the collection, documentation, conservation and exhibition of traditional costume/dress and modes of bodily adornment. Thus sustaining the names and stories to empower women by insuring that their voices transcend time.
The Zay Initiative aims to promote an understanding of the evolution of regional culture, building up public awareness and appreciation of this unique heritage, reaching out to like minded institutions, lending them exhibitions or displays nationally, regionally and worldwide.
About the founder
The Zay Initiative was founded by Dr. Reem El Mutwalli, a published author, with over 30 years of experience in art and cultural heritage. Since the early 1980s, at the Cultural Foundation Abu Dhabi, she has been contributing to the establishment of cultural & art departments; advising on museum displays, leading and driving projects, hosting seminars, undertaking cultural tasks of different capacities and curating exhibitions.
In the media
- "Zay Initiative: a new digital museum is preserving traditional Arab clothing for generations to come". The National. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- "The Zay Initiative: The region's first 'fashion-history archive'". Arab News. 2020-03-27. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- "The Zay initiative". dubaiculture.gov.ae. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- The Zay Initiative facebook page
- The Zay Initiative instagram page
- The Zay Initiative twitter page
- The Zay Initiative linkedin page
- The Zay Initiative youtube channel
- The Zay Initiative: The region's first 'fashion-history archive
- The Zay Initiative: the digital archive built to preserve Arab heritage
- Zay Initiative: a new digital museum is preserving traditional Arab clothing for generations to come
- The Zay Initiative and the Sultani Collection – Mr X Stitch
- The Zay Initiative - Charity Details
- The Zay Initiative – By Dr. Reem El Mutwalli
This article "The Zay Initiative" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.