The Rose Elf (opera)
|The Rose Elf|
|Based on||Fairy tale of The Elf of the Rose|
6 June 2018
Brooklyn, NY, USA
The Rose Elf is a chamber opera with music and libretto by David Hertzberg, based on the fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Andersen. It premiered on June 6, 2018 at Green-Wood Cemetery’s Catacombs in Brooklyn, NY in a production directed by R.B. Schlather and conducted by Teddy Poll. The opera's debut recording, starring mezzo-soprano Samantha Hankey and conducted by Robert Kahn, will be released October 31, 2020 by Swan Studios NYC.
Opera News called the work, "a compelling & welcome addition to the operatic canon."
- Lubow, Arthur; Tullo, Vincent (2018-06-01). "Is Opera Dying? No, But This One Is Staged Among the Dead". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- Desk, BWW News. "David Hertzberg's Dark Chamber Opera THE ROSE ELF Set for Release on Halloween". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "You are being redirected..." www.operanews.com. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "New York's Most Memorable Concerts of 2018 | WQXR Editorial". WQXR. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "The Sixth Annual Excellence in Opera (aka The Freddie) Awards | Operavore". WQXR. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
This article "The Rose Elf (opera)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.