The Lickerish Quartet (band)
The Lickerish Quartet
From left: Dover, Manning, and Smith
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
The Lickerish Quartet is an American rock band formed in Los Angeles in 2017. The group consists of keyboardist Roger Manning, guitarist Eric Dover, and bassist Tim Smith, each of whom were former members of the band Jellyfish. They are scheduled to release the EP Threesome Vol. 1 in May 2020.
In 1994, keyboardist Roger Manning, guitarist Eric Dover, and bassist Tim Smith were part of Jellyfish. Dover joined the band during the 1993 tour supporting their second album Spilt Milk. After their breakup, Manning and Dover formed Imperial Drag, a band which lasted until 1997. Meanwhile, Smith formed one-half of the band Umajets and recorded the 1995 album Demolotion with help from Manning and Dover. This marked the last time the three musicians played together until 2017.
By the 2010s, Smith had relocated to Atlanta, while Manning and Dover stayed in Los Angeles. The Lickerish Quartet began forming in early 2017 when Manning reached out to Smith with the intent "to continue in the tradition of a lot of the pop/rock stylings" that he had appreciated. He then reached out to Dover as well. Without the direct goal of recording, the trio got together for several writing sessions, each lasting around a week long, and ultimately produced 12 songs. Jeremy Stacey was recruited to play drums on the recordings.
In March 2020, the group announced that they would have three EPs released by September 2021. The first, Threesome Vol. 1, will yield four tracks, and will be issued on May 15 through Lickerish Quartet/Label Logic.
- Eric Dover
- Roger Manning
- Tim Smith
|Threesome Vol 1||
In the media
- The Lickerish Quartet facebook page
- The Lickerish Quartet on imdb
- The Lickerish Quartet on spotify
- The Lickerish Quartet - Bandwear
- Ewing, Jerry (March 12, 2020). "Three ex-Jellyfish members unite as The Lickerish Quartet". Louder Sound. Retrieved March 18, 2020.
- Beaudoin, Jedd (March 12, 2020). "The Lickerish Quartet Take Us on Classic Pop Journey with "Lighthouse Spaceship" (premiere + interview)". PopMatters.
- "The Lickerish Quartet". lickerishquartet.com. February 9, 2020. Retrieved February 13, 2020.
- BWW (March 16, 2020). "THE LICKERISH QUARTET Lighthouse Spaceship' Lyric Video Out Now". Broadway World.
This article "The Lickerish Quartet (band)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.