Temptation (1935 film)
Tempation is a 1935 film by Oscar Micheaux. The storyline depicts the corrupting influence of carnal desires. The National Museum of African American History and Culture has a lobby card for the film advertising "a great colored cast". Ethel Moses has her film debut in the film as a naive woman who models nude and struggles to fend off opportunistic men whioe becoming part of a criminal underworld. The film made her a full fledged star.
The film was directed by Oscar Micheaux and distributed by the Micheaux Film and Book Company.
Actors in the film include:
- Reid, Mark A. (June 4, 2005). Black Lenses, Black Voices: African American Film Now. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 9780742526426 – via Google Books.
- "Lobby Card for Temptation". National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- https://academicworks.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D2934%26context%3Dgc_etds page 47
- McCann, Bob (December 21, 2009). Encyclopedia of African American Actresses in Film and Television. McFarland. ISBN 9780786458042 – via Google Books.
- "Photo Archive of Alfred "Slick" Chester, African American Film Actor—the "Colored Cagney"—and Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame Inductee by Alfred "Slick" Chester, 1900–1978 on Ian". Ian Brabner, Rare Americana, LLC (ABAA).
This article "Temptation (1935 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.