|Born||January 22, 1979|
|Alma mater||M. P. Shah Commerce College|
|Occupation||Director at Sakshi Infoway|
|Known for||Nature and Wildlife Photography|
|Children||Khooshi Sheth (daughter)|
|Family||Nishith Sheth (brother)|
Tapan Sheth is an Indian nature and wildlife photographer and artist. He has received several accolades for his photographs, notably claiming the first prize as Nature's Best Photography Asia 2016. He is well known for his photography of Asiatic Lions in Gir National Park. He has studied them well and captured some wonderful images of Asiatic Lions, and some of them got international recognition as well. Sheth currently serves as the director at Sakshi Infoway, a website design and software company.
Sheth born on 22 January 1979 in Surendranagar, Gujarat to Dipak Sheth and Bhartiben Sheth. He completed his graduation in commerce from M. P. Shah Commerce College, Surendrgranager. After graduation moved to Rajkot, Gujarat for better career options, and moved to Ahmedabad for further studies in software. Sheth purchased Canon Eos 550d to click the photographs while he was on vacation with family. Since then, he was inclined towards photography.
After graduation, Sheth founded Sakshi Infoway Pvt. Ltd, a web design and development company based in Rajkot, Gujarat. Sheth has photographed a wide variety of species including Lion, vultures, peacock, butterfly, and other wildlife. His pictures are noteworthy for their reminiscent character and technically sophisticated, generating pleasant mood to attract the viewers. He has travelled to isolated locations to capture images of wildlife, landscape, and indigenous communities.
Sheth’s photography has focused on capturing moments of wildlife that were difficult to document, such as tigers, lions, birds, eagles and nature. He has also been found focused on documenting endangered and at-risk animals to work with photography to promote awareness and encourage conservation efforts.
Awards and recognition
Sheth has been conferred with several awards for his wildlife photography.
- Nature's Best Photography Asia 2016 - Winner
- Wildlife Reserves Singapore Group, Through The Lens 2017 - Winner
- Nature in Focus Film Awards 2019, Mobile Moments
Sheth is married to Bindiya Sheth, the couple has one daughter, Khooshi Sheth. They currently live in Gujarat, India.
In the media
- Kitching, Chris (2016-08-17). "The stomach-churning moment a snake eats a frog whole". Mail Online. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Tapan Sheth". 500px.com. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Chase passion not pension, says wildlife photographer, Tapan Sheth". www.mid-day.com. 2 August 2021. Retrieved 16 October 2021.
- "Wildlife Photography is a great healer for software engineer Tapan Sheth". www.imd1.co. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- Pal, Kamakshi. "10 Best Indian Wildlife Photographers Who Can Inspire You To Travel & Explore National Parks". Tripoto. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Have you ever seen an elephant sneeze?". www.msn.com. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "10 Great Indian Wildlife Photographers to follow on Instagram". The Photographers Blog. 2019-03-26. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Visit the African park that inspired 'The Lion King'". Travel. 2019-07-11. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Wildlife photographer Tapan Sheth's pic of a lioness carrying her cub in an unconventional way will leave you fascinated". DNA India. 4 June 2021. Retrieved 16 October 2021.
- সংবাদদাতা, নিজস্ব. "পিঠে হাত দিয়ে ঋতুপর্ণ ঘোষ বলেছিলেন, 'তপনকে রাখিস'". anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Atsihh! Vaata ja kuula, mida kujutab endast elevandi aevastus". Lemmik (in eesti). 2019-04-18. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "30 stunning wildlife pictures from across the globe". Animals. 2019-04-29. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Niles North team, Prospect's Moskwa are state's best in chess — Skokie news, photos and events — TribLocal.com". TribLocal. Retrieved 2020-03-06.