|Founded||December 2015; London, United Kingdom|
Sumsub offers products to handle onboarding and compliance challenges, including identity verification, KYC, KYB, KYT, AML screening, anti-fraud.
In 2015, the company was founded by three Israeli brothers: Andrew, Peter and Jacob Sever together with Vyacheslav Zholudev, ResearchGate leading software architect at the time.
Sumsub started out as developers of an “anti-photoshop” technology that would reveal traces of photo editing and forgery, so often used by imposters in fraud — popular crime in financial business. In 2015, Sumsub implemented a system of remote user identification for the creators of the Bitcoin wallet — Cryptopay and from there, in 2016, their focus fully shifted to KYC — know your customer identity verification.
Currently, halfway through 2020, Sumsub is headquartered in London with offices in Berlin, Riga and St. Petersburg. Sumsub operates in Fintech, Online Trading, On-Demand Economy and Blockchain industries. Their clients include carsharings, payment systems, banks and marketplaces such as Uber, BlaBlaCar, Exness, EXMO, Changelly, Mail.ru, Job Today, Phillip Bank, Wheely, MetaQuotes, KingsWin, etc.
Products and Services
Sumsub is an AI-based machine learning platform that provides onboarding and compliance services (identity verification, KYC/KYB, AML screening, cryptocurrency monitoring, etc.). The company's technology incorporates face match and face liveness detection, including matching a selfie with an image of the person’s face in the provided document.
Sumsub also lists legal expertise and AML compliance consulting among their services.
- Perekopsky, Ilya (October 17, 2017). "Пожертвовать анонимностью: как выиграть в гонке за цифровые монеты". Retrieved June 9, 2020.
- Paskal, Sofia (July 20, 2018). "Sum & Substance: stunningly handsome brothers who happen to be KYC/AML geniuses". Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- Grishin, Nikolay (October 19, 2017). "Российские разработчики «антифотошопа» привлекли $700 тыс. инвестиций". Retrieved June 10, 2020.
- Rousey, Mariia (February 21, 2019). "Changelly Partners with Sum&Substance: Bringing the Smoothest User Experience through the Best Market Practices". Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- Muirhead,Calum (April 11, 2019). "Zichain partners up with compliance and verification firms to reinforce digital asset brokerage". Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- "KICKICO and Sum&Substance: KYC based on Telegram Passport". August 27, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- "ICOadmin concluded an agreement with Sum&Substance". July 12, 2018. Retrieved June 10, 2020.