Sudhakar Reddy Chintala
Sudhakar Reddy Chintala
|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 10, 1974|
Dr. Sudhakar Reddy Chintala Reddy (born 10 May 1974) is an Indian scientist and academic who mainly works in the field of satellite remote sensing applications. He is known for his contributions to the development of remote sensing and GIS in biodiversity and forest ecology including plant taxonomy. He is currently the Head of Forest Biodiversity and Ecology Division, National Remote Sensing Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation, Hyderabad..
Education and career
C. Sudhakar Reddy received a B.Sc. (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry) from Government Degree College, Siddipet and M.Sc. in Botany from Osmania University, Hyderabad in 1996. He received his Ph.D. in Botany from Kakatiya University, Warangal in 2002. Dr. Reddy joined the National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad in 2001. He is Project Director for 'Biodiversity characterisation at community level'.
Awards and honours
1. Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Research Award - 2017. Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Department of Space, Govt. of India. 2. Distinguished Alumni - 2018. Kakatiya University, Telangana, India. 3. Prof. M.B. Raizada Medal Award - 2016. Association for Plant Taxonomy, India. 4. Prof. P.R. Pisharoty Memorial Award - 2014. Indian Society of Remote Sensing 5. Dr. S.K. Jain Medal Award - 2010. Association for Plant Taxonomy, India. 6. City Strategist Special Recognition Award - 2009. Foundation for Futuristic Cities, Hyderabad. 7. I.S.R.O. Young Scientist Merit Award - 2008. Department of Space, Govt. of India. 8. Fellow of Indian Botanical Society (awarded in 2012). 9. Fellow of Indian Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy, India (awarded in 2011). 10. Fellow of Association for Plant Taxonomy, India (awarded in 2008). 11. Taxonomic patronym. Emilia reddyi is named in honour of Dr. Sudhakar Reddy.
He contributed more than 260 publications in peer reviewed national/international journals, published 14 books and guided 9 Ph.D.s, 19 M.Phil.s and 4 M.Tech.s. He coauthored more than 80 research papers in conference proceedings/book chapters. He is one of the top authors in remote sensing of biodiversity, remote sensing of forest, remote sensing and India.
- "How India's forest cover went green statistically". Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "Sudhakar Reddy C." Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "Government of India". Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "List of Awardees". Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "New plant species found in Eastern Ghats". Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "Fire charred 18,128 spots in Maharashtra forests in ten years, reveals ISRO study". Retrieved 12 September 2020.
This article "Sudhakar Reddy Chintala" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.