|Past members||Kazuyuki onouchi|
Sub-tle [all in lowercase, hyphen(-) and full-stop(.) are part of the name.] is a sound project by Japanese musician Satoshi Okamoto based in Berlin - a.k.a. the member of “Japandorf”, a project led by Klaus Dinger (ex- Kraftwerk, Neu!, La Düsseldorf). He produces artists, compose music for film, theater and museums of modern arts, dedicated to a variety of fields.
"sub-tle." is a sound project formed by japanese guys since 2003, and it comes a solo project by Satoshi Okamoto from September 2008.
Okamoto is the original member of "Japandorf", a project led by Klaus Dinger (ex- Kraftwerk, Neu!, La Düsseldorf) since 2002.
Satoshi Okamoto has started his career in 1994. He has performed as a member of a digital-hardcore band and a guitar pop band, who have won several first auditon-prizes held in Japan.
After his involvement with these bands, he has started his solo career in 1999, apart from collaborating with poets, writers, photographers, and contemporary dancers.
In 2001 he has moved to Düsseldorf in order to join Klaus Dinger's project.
In 2003 an ex-member Kazuyuki Onouchi and Satoshi Okamoto, who had met at Klaus Dinger's place, formed their band "sub-tle.".
Their improvisational live performances was active in Europe countries i.e. Germany, Belgium, Spain, France..
In 2008 first album “pre_mary” ( label : onpa))))) ® ) was released. Tracks come up No.1 in CRJ charts in Tokyo, Sapporo and Nagoya.
After sub-tle. becames Okamoto's solo project, he has moved his base to Berlin from 2009.
In 2013 “Japandorf” has been released (label : Grönland Records) as Klaus Dinger + Japandorf.
In the same year, second album “leam” was released, produced by Andi Toma (Mouse On Mars}]). In 2020, Streaming concert with Thorsten Quaeschning (Tangerine Dream) under the name Thorsten Quaeschning with Satoshi Okamoto .
- "pre_mary" (2008, Mitte Musique Entertainment & Publishing / onpa))))) )
- "leam" (2013, onpa))))) )
- "Deutsches Theater Berlin - Die vier Himmelsrichtungen, von Roland Schimmelpfennig". 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "sub-tle. Klangkunst aus Japan - Rheinische Post [ Zeitungen / NRW, Deutschland ] _ 11. Juli. 2008 Artikel". 2008-07-11. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "3-Tage-Rennen: Festival für die Musik - Rheinische Post [ Zeitungen / NRW, Deutschland ] _ 25. September. 2008 Artikel". 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Thorsten Quaeschning With Satoshi Okamoto – Behind Closed Doors". 2020-05-14. Retrieved 2020-05-15.