|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
|Occupation||Data protection expert|
Dr Stephanie Perrin is an internationally-recognized expert in privacy, data protection, and the social impact of technology.
Dr Perrin is currently an advisor to Palantir on privacy and civil liberties.
Dr Perrin served in the Canadian federal government for over 30 years. During her time in government, Dr Perrin led the concept and drafting of Canada’s private sector privacy law, PIPEDA, and was involved in other legislative drafting and parliamentary processes.
She has served as a member of the Advisory Board of the Electronic Privacy Information Centre (EPIC), as Chair of the Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group of ICANN, is a former Board member of the Ethics Practitioners Association of Canada, and was a Board member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals from 2002-3.
She was awarded the Electronic Frontiers Foundation Pioneer Award in 2001, the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Privacy Association's Privacy Advocate Award in 2001, and the prestigious EPIC Champions of Privacy Award in 2018.
Dr Perrin is fluent in English and French.
Dr Perrin holds a doctorate from the University of Toronto (2018). She wrote her dissertation on the struggle for privacy at ICANN and its failures to protect personal information in the Domain Name System.
- "Palantir Council of Advisors on Privacy and Civil Liberties". Palantir Technologies. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- Foster, Scott. "Search Results Web results PIPEDA author takes government to task". ITBusiness. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "EPIC Advisory Board". Electronic Privacy Information Center. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "NCSG Executive Committee & GNSO Council Representatives". ICANN. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "Pioneer Awards: Past Winners". Electronic Frontiers Foundation. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "Stephanie Perrin to Receive Privacy Award". Irwin Law. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "Sec. Dunlap, Sec. Padilla, Dr. Neumann and Dr. Perrin Receive EPIC Awards". Electronic Privacy Information Center. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- "The Struggle for WHOIS Privacy: Understanding the Standoff Between ICANN and the World's Data Protection Authorities". University of Toronto. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- Privacy & Civil Liberties Engineering | Palantir
- Stephanie Perrin on linkedin
- Stephanie Perrin - Vecam
This article "Stephanie Perrin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.