|Add a Photo|
|Education||Degree in Journalism|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University|
|Known for||Aerial landscape photography|
Stas Bartnikas is a Moscow-based photographer and photojournalist who specializes in aerial landscape photography. Bartnikas has been a participant in photography competitions, having placed in several competitions. He is also a frequent contributor to National Geographic.
Bartnikas graduated from Moscow State University with a degree in Journalism. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Bartnikas found work in advertising and sales. Although his first experience with photography came as a child, he did not engage with the medium in a meaningful way until many years later, when a friend lent him a camera and suggested he take aerial photos of Lake Como during a planned visit.
Photography work and style
Bartnikas’s photography is focused on exposing natural landscape elements which look like abstract compositions when viewed from above. He prefers the traditional aerial photography methods of personally shooting from an aircraft, as opposed to drone photography; the flight range of drones limits their utility and makes it too difficult to explore unknown terrain for material. Bartnikas himself refers to this style of photography as “aero-art”, saying that it “shows a very different perspective and enables capturing the beauty of our Earth in its full glory and uniqueness”. Bartnikas has been an active contributor to photography competitions since at least 2015. His submissions to the National Geographic Photo Contest have been noted by the media, compiling submissions to that contest. National Geographic has also featured his work in a number of compilation articles. He is also a frequent contributor to National Geographic’s Your Shot, with several of his submissions having been featured as “Photo of the Day” on the National Geographic homepage.
Notable photography awards
Moscow International Photo Awards:
Tokyo International Photo Awards:
Chromatic Photo Awards:
- 2018 - 2nd and 3rd place
- 2019 - 1st place (National Geographic Travel Photo Contest)
- 2019 – People’s Choice Award – Nature
- Avivson Gallery, London *Collective show, August 2019
- Art Karlsruhe, Germany, February 2020 *Collective show, October 2020 *BBA Gallery, Berlin, 2020
- European Exhibition at Berlin Blue Art Gallery, Berlin, Germany, 2018
- The Other Art Fair, Sydney, 2019 *Studio Galerie B&B, Paris, 2019 *PhotoVille, NY, 2019 *Chapter One, Bondi Beach, Sydney, 2019
- "The surreal and spectacular aero-art of Stas Bartnikas". New Atlas.
- "Aerial Photos Capture Spectacular Views of Painterly Patterns on Earth". My Modern Met.
- "Abstract Patterns Emerge from Iceland's Colorful Topography in Aerial Photographs by Stas Bartnikas". Colossal.
- "Who We're Following: Aerial Photographer Stas Bartnikas". Opumo Magazine.
- "MIFA 2017 Winners". Moscow International Photo Award.
- "MIFA 2018 Winners". MIFA.
- "MIFA 2019 Winners". MIFA.
- "TIFA 2017 Winners". Tokyo International Photo Award.
- "TIFA 2018 Winners". TIFA.
- "Stas Bartnikas contribuions for National Geographic". National Geographic.
- "Bartnikas Collection: River twists". Life Framer.
- "Stas Bartnikas". Circle.
- "STAS BARTNIKAS: BIRD'S-EYE VIEW". Anthology.
- "2015 National Geographic Photo Contest, Part II". The Atlantic.
- "National Geographic's 2015 Photography Contest". MSN.
- "The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year: Final call for entries". The Telegraph.
- "National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year 2017, in pictures". The Telegraph.
- "Spectacular entries from National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year 2019". The Telegraph.
- "Tour du monde en 40 photographies sublimes". National Geographic.
- "PHOTOGRAPHY 18 Surreal City Photos Suggest the Future Has Arrived". National Geographic.
- "'REKA KOLORADO' - IZBOR PUBLIKE U KATEGORIJI 'PRIRODA'". National Geographic.
- "3rd Place: Nature - Stas Bartnikas, Russian Federation Colored mountains". Chromatic Awards 2018.
- "1st Place: Environmental - Stas Bartnikas, Russian Federation Geothermal power plant". Chromatic Awards 2019.
- "PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER, NATURE: COLORADO RIVER". NatGeo.
- "Stas Bartnikas – AeroArt". Avison Gallery.
- "Past Exhibitions". The Print Swap.
- Official website
- Stas Bartnikas on Facebook
- Stas Bartnikas on Twitter
- Stas Bartnikas on Instagram
- Stas Bartnikas on Pinterest
This article "Stas Bartnikas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.