Stanley Smith (actor)
Joseph Stanley Smith
January 6, 1903
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
|Died||April 13, 1974|
Pasadena, California, United States
Stanley Smith (1903 - 1974) was a film actor and singer. He had leading roles opposite various other stars and featured in several musicals.
He was born in Kansas City.
He co-starred opposite Clara Bow in Love Among Millionaires. He gets married to Mary Lawlor in the finale of Good News. He runs for a touchdown in Sweetie.
He signed with Paramount Pictures.
- The Sophomore (1929)
- Sweetie (1929)
- Honey (1930)
- Paramount on Parade (1930)
- Love Among the Millionaires (1930)
- King of Jazz (1930)
- Soup to Nuts (1930), the original film featuring the Three Stooges
- Follow the Leader (1930)
- Good News (1930)
- Queen High (1930)
- Hot Saturday (1932)
- Stepping Sisters (1932)
- Hard to Handle (film) (1933), vocalist in the band
- Reform Girl (1933)
- Kear, Lynn; Rossman, John (2016-03-30). The Complete Kay Francis Career Record: All Film, Stage, Radio and Television Appearances. ISBN 9781476602875.
- Fleming, E. J. (2009-03-23). Paul Bern: The Life and Famous Death of the MGM Director and Husband of Harlow. ISBN 9780786452743.
- Bradley, Edwin M. (2004-08-11). The First Hollywood Musicals: A Critical Filmography of 171 Features, 1927 through 1932. ISBN 9780786420292.
- "Stanley Smith, the film actor, signed to Paramount Pictures".