|Industry||Personal finance technology|
|Headquarters||New York, |
United States of America
|Sam Abbas (CEO)|
|Services||Social Security benefits|
Simplywise is an American personal finance technology company founded in New York, New York by CEO Sam Abbas in 2018. The company offers a financial management platform that helps users navigate Social Security benefits to better gain control of their income and savings for retirement.
Products and services
Simplywise offers a proprietary calculator that provides an estimate of eligibility and amounts for different types of Social Security benefits, including retirement benefits, spousal benefits, and survivor benefits. The company uses that information to give you a timeline of your future income, as well as opportunities to better protect that income in retirement.
Simplywise also conducts original research and reports on retirement confidence in the U.S. Its bi-monthly Retirement Confidence Index examines the domestic economic outlook and its effect on the personal finances of retirees and pre-retirees. Their research has been cited in Fox 26, ABC6, CNBC, 401K Specialist, and Seeking Alpha, among others.
Founders and investors
Simplywise was founded in 2018 by Sam Abbas, who serves as CEO. He previously founded Symmetric, a software platform used by some of the largest institutional allocators in the world, including 4 of the top 5 fund of funds.
In 2019, Simplywise closed a seed funding round led by QED Investors with participation from Village Global
- "Sam Abbas - Founder of SimplyWise". ideamensch. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "SimplyWise Editorial Team Articles". Next Avenue. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "SimplyWise Retirement Confidence Index". SimplyWise. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- Pagan, Jesse (2020-04-13). "What would it take to get a second round of stimulus checks?". WSYX. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Index Reveals Americans' Heightened Worries Around Retirement". 401K Specialist. 2020-07-21. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- Roberts, Lance (2020-07-27). "Retirement Confidence Declined Despite A Surging Market". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2020-08-07.
- "Start-ups Are Shaking Up the World of Financial Technology". Institutional Investor. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- "SimplyWise". SimplyWise. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- SimplyWise linkedin page
- Simplywise - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
- SimplyWise Jobs | AngelList
- Simplywise is a US based company founded in 2018 - Medici
- 40% of Americans Now Unable to Retire ... - Accesswire