|Add a Photo|
Shukri Lawrence, known as Wifirider, is a queer. Palestinians, Creative director, photographer, and fashion designer. In 2017, he founded a fashion brand called tRASHY CLOTHING; fighting Middle Eastern stereotypes with Satire and political designs.
Early life and education
Born in East Jerusalem, Lawrence started his career with directing a music video for Austrian rapper Candy Ken. Later on, Shukri studied film & cinema in Amman to pursue his directing Music video in 2017, which eventually also led to his interest in fashion. While studying in college, he began designing prints on shirts and eventually founded his label tRASHY CLOTHING in the hopes of fighting stereotypes. In 2018, he debuted his brand's ready-to-wear collection in Berlin Fashion Week. Shukri and his brand's collective built a Separation barrier on one side of the runway, blocking the view of the audience behind to highlight borders and privilege.
In 2020, Shukri and his label founded Cyber Fashion Week, a digital fashion week combining the intersections of fashion, art, music, and performance. The concept of a virtual fashion week came about after tRASHY had to postpone their Fall collection show in Iceland due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns. Cyber Fashion Week hosts 12 international designers showcasing collections on Digital platform with performances from musicians and virtual After-party
- Tirado, Fran. "The Most Exciting Queers to Follow on Instagram in 2018". them. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Kawasmi, Reem (2018-01-24). ""to deny my people is to deny peace itself, period" – reem qawasmi". i-D. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Get to Know Wifirider: The Palestinian Artist Embracing His Struggle". PAPER. 2017-07-26. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Shukri Lawrence Fights Middle Eastern Stereotypes With Fashion". Highsnobiety. 2017-11-10. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "CANDY KEN : Sans limites et sans tabous !". APAR.TV (in français). 2016-08-29. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Shukri, le queer palestinien qui se bat contre les clichés". Konbini News - Société et Politique : Make News Great Again (in français). Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Ramallah, מאת Time Out (2017-10-25). "The Coolest Shirts In The World Comes From East Jerusalem". טיים אאוט (in עברית). Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Whitehouse, Matthew (2018-01-24). "this 18-year-old queer palestinian artist is fighting stereotypes with sportswear". i-D. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "The Palestinian designer blending queer performance art and streetwear". HUNGER TV. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Whitehouse, Matthew (2018-08-22). "this palestinian design collective is breaking down borders with the internet". i-D. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "tRASHY CLOTHING is the Palestinian Streetwear Brand Fighting Racism". Mille World. 2018-02-19. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- grapevine.is (2020-01-10). "From Iceland — Taking Out The tRASH: HATARI x tRASHY Clothing Team Up". The Reykjavik Grapevine. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Trashy Clothing's New Collection Celebrates 2000s Emo Kids". Mille World. 2019-05-10. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "Palestinian designs gone global | Nadya Riot in tRASHY CLOTHING – Jdeed". Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- بوعكادة, عفاف (2020-06-08). "أسبوع موضة رقمي للحفاظ على البيئة في عالم ما بعد فيروس كورونا". Vice (in العربية). Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Satenstein, Liana. "This Palestinian Label Launched the Digital World's Answer to Fashion Week". Vogue. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- "This Palestinian Designer is Hosting a Virtual Fashion Week". Mille World. 2020-05-22. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
This article "Shukri Lawrence" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.