|Born||April 26th, 1978|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin Law School|
Sery Kim (born April 26, 1978) is an American politician and resident in Arlington, Texas currently running as a candidate for the 2021 Texas's 6th congressional district special election. with a slogan of "Open Schools, Open Small Business, Open Texas". She previously worked in the Presidency of Donald Trump administration as the Assistant Administrator for the Office of Women’s Business Ownership (OWBO).
Early Life and Education
Kim was born in Seoul, South Korea Seoul, South Korea. At an early age, her family moved to Texas in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex where she was raised and naturalized as a U.S. Citizen. She attended the University of Texas at Austin Law School and graduated at 23 years old.
Sery served as Senior Advisor for the United States Department of Health and Human Services under two presidents (first for George W. Bush and then for Donald Trump). She also served as the Health Care Counsel to the Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Congressman Darrell Issa; and as Chief Oversight Counsel to the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations for the United States House Committee on Energy and Commerce for Congressman Michael C. Burgess.
Private Sector Her previous experience in the private sector spans work as an attorney and strategist with a background in communication and federal public policy, including implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
She is currently engaged to her fiancé Mike Cybulski who's on active duty within the United States Marine Corps
- Lippman, Daniel. "Former Trump SBA official Sery Kim to launch Texas special election run". POLITICO. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "Sery Kim for Congress, 6th District of Texas". My Site 2. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "Two examples of why federal executive leadership matters". Federal News Network. 2020-07-24. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "About". My Site. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "GovSearch News: Sery Kim appointed Senior Adviser to U.S. Health and Human Services Department Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs". carrollpublishing.com. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- By. "Cheney fundraiser". POLITICO. Retrieved 2021-03-06.