|Founded||October 19, 1960|
SeAH Steel is an affiliate company of SeAH Group, which is a Korea company. SeAH steel mainly produces steel pipes and tubes (carbon steel pipes and STS pipes) for water supply and oil wells, and steel sheets (colored steel sheet and galvanized steel sheet) for building materials.
SeAH Steel Holdings, as the holding company for the steel pipe business, is in charge of SeAH Steel and its overseas affiliates in the USA, Vietnam, Italy, etc.. SeAH Steel manufactures steel pipe and tube products at its plants in Pohang, Gunsan, Suncheon, and Changwon. Notably, it is considered that SeAH Steel USA (SSUSA) was established in timely fashion to respond to the United States’ Trade Expansion Act, which was reinforced in 2017. Although the North American market is the main export target, the company has adopted a strategy for increasing sales outside the country, such as in Vietnam, Europe and the Middle East. In June 2019, the company built the SSV (SeAH Steel Vina) Factory 2 in Đồng Nai Province in the southeast region of Vietnam, and is now delivering project-oriented steel pipe products by manufacturing large, thick steel pipes based on SeAH Steel UAE. SeAH Steel took over Inox Tech, an Italian special steel pipe manufacturer, in 2014, a move which received attention around the world as SeAH Steel became the first Korean steel company to take over a steel company in Europe, the home of steel production.
- "SeAH Steel to split into holding and operating units by Sept. 1 - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea". pulsenews.co.kr (in 한국어). Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "SeAH Steel to Increase Production in US". Businesskorea (in 한국어). 2018-08-27. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "SeAH Steel to Expand Plant in Vietnam". Businesskorea (in 한국어). 2018-12-24. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "SeAH Group Completes 2nd Steel Plant in Vietnam". Businesskorea (in 한국어). 2019-06-04. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Ras Al Khaimah ruler opens 70mn SeAH Steel plant". Construction Week Online Middle East. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "SeAH steel Buys Italian Specialty Steel Pipe Supplier". Korea IT Times (in 한국어). 2014-02-11. Retrieved 2020-04-14.