|Born||May 10, 1987|
Cardiff, Wales, UK
|Occupation||Celebrity Podcast Show Host, Model, Author, LGBTQ+ Activist|
|Years active||2015 - present|
|Known for||Celebrity Podcast " The Scott McGlynn Show"|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Relatives||Laura McGlynn (sister)|
Scott McGlynn (May 10, 1987, Cardiff, Wales) is an author, LGBT Activist, podcast host, digital influencer and online lifestyle creator. He is best known for creating hit LGBT celebrity and gossip podcast ‘The Scott McGlynn Show’ which has reached the top 5 in the UK iTunes podcast chart. Several Celebrity guests have appeared on his show, including Perez Hilton, actor David Yost, Pro wrestler Anthony Bowens, Max Emerson, Daniel Franzese, Peyton Wich, and RuPaul’s Drag Race Winners, amongst many more.
In 2016, McGlynn released his debut book ‘OUT’ which gained much popularity on Amazon. It is a memoir depicting Scott’s time at school in the 1990’s, when he was struggling to identify with his sexuality along with his battle against the bullies. McGlynn is also known for sharing fashion and lifestyle content via his official Instagram account and has collaborated with brands such as Bobbi Brown, Coca-Cola, BoohooMan and ASOS.
He was named Neutrogena ‘skinsider’ ambassador in 2019.
Early life and education
Scott McGlynn was born in Cardiff, Wales UK on May 10th 1987 and grew up in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales UK. He went to St Helens primary school, then St Cyres Comprehensive School middle school. At the age 14, McGlynn got his first job on a paper round, then at 15 he started working down Barry Island. His first official full time job was at McDonalds at the age of 16.
In 2015, McGlynn started a lifestyle and fashion blog. The blog covered product reviews and shared fashion opinions exclusively for men. After seeing some early success, he started interviewing celebrities from reality TV and the music industry. McGlynn realized that he had a strong voice and that it was being heard by the masses, which made him work on his memoir “OUT”, released in 2016. The book highlights the dichotomies of being gay, coming out and the socital struggles hence faced by him.
His book raved on Amazon thus giving him the opportunity to speak openly about LGBTQ+ community and host talks and meetings throughout UK. After the book’s release, he held a number of talks and also hosted LGBT+ youth groups. This inspired McGlynn to help young people navigate their way through the same experiences he found himself in and became an active LGBT+ campaigner.
An idea was conceived soon after the book tour. In 2017, McGlynn decided to merge celebrity interviews and the LGBTQ+ community, resulting in the creation of - The Scott McGlynn Show podcast that highlights real-life stories of people. The celebrities in the show talk about their life, careers, coming out stories and addressing the LGBTQ+ community. From career journeys to coming out stories, this show is made up of inspirational, fun and enlightening content. Later that year he was on two panels at the Edinburgh Festival of Politics.
McGlynn is also an instagram influencer and associated with brands such as ASOS, Bobbi Brown, Huawei Mobile Phone, Coca-Cola, BoohooMan and many more. He has also modelled for Nicky Adams Collection, Gelluv UK, Crazy Bull, St Davids TV AD and others.
McGlynn continues to be a beacon of inspiration for the entire LGBTQ+ community, with his show and social media outreach. In 2020, McGlynn announced that he has started working on his second book.
- The Pinc List : The 40 most influential LGBT people in Wales, UK
- Top 100 in 2019’s Pride Power List 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
In the media
Scott McGlynn is currently in a relationship with Justin Williams.
- "Blackwood man bullied for appearance becomes online style guru". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- Anjani, Rahmi. "Kisah Pria Dulu Di-bully Karena Jerawatan Kini Di-endorse Brand Kecantikan". wolipop (in Bahasa Indonesia). Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Τον φώναζαν «πρόσωπο πίτσα» στο σχολείο και τώρα πληρώνεται σχεδόν 6.800 ευρώ για κάθε ανάρτησή του (pics)". www.gazzetta.gr (in Ελληνικά). Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- McCrum, Kirstie (2016-02-29). "Gay man reveals small-town life where he was taunted for his sexuality". mirror. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "U školi su ga maltretirali zbog akni, sad zarađuje 50.000 kuna po postu o pravilnoj njezi kože". www.24sata.hr (in hrvatski). Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- Murphy, Annalise (2020-05-10). "Meet the Spring Class of 2020-Congratulations Graduates!". The Trumpet | WLU's Student News Source. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Gepeste Instagrammer verdient nu goud geld als influencer". Metronieuws.nl (in Nederlands). 2020-06-06. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- Crittenton, Anya (2017-07-24). "Meet the gay blogger fighting cyberbullying by swimming around Wales for 10 weeks". Gay Star News. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Gay model opens up about self esteem issues and struggling to do topless shoots". Metro. 2019-01-24. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- Day, Liz (2016-07-02). "Author Scott McGlynn has made it into gay Pride Power List 2016". walesonline. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "How floss dancing is helping the LGBT+ community". indy100. 2018-07-01. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "YouTube's First-Ever Video Was Posted 15 Years Ago Today". www.unilad.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-06-27.