Scott E. Peterson
Scott E. Peterson
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Organization||Digital Realty Trust|
Scott E. Peterson co-founded Digital Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR) in 2004. As Chief Investment Officer, Mr. Peterson was primarily responsible for all M&A activities and evaluating capital allocation decisions. As chair of the Investment Committee, he was also responsible for overseeing all major development and leasing decisions, and spent significant time managing international operations and asset management for the company.  Under his leadership, Digital Realty became the largest global data center company in the world, growing to the eighth largest publicly traded REIT, with an enterprise value in excess of $35 billion, and was added to the S&P 500 in 2016.
Mr. Peterson conceived and executed the strategic plan to provide customers with a full spectrum of space, power, and interconnection on a global scale by acquiring and developing more than 200 properties in over 35 markets in the US, Europe, and Asia. From site selection, which fueled development, to executing new market expansions, his strategic M&A included the $7.5 billion acquisition of competitor DuPont Fabros and the nearly $2 billion acquisition of colocation and interconnection company, Telx. In total, Mr. Peterson closed over $17 billion in data center transactions, transforming Digital Realty into the most significant global data center provider of its kind. 
Prior to Digital Realty, Mr. Peterson held senior management positions with multiple real estate investment companies, including Digital Realty’s predecessor entity, GI Partners, where he served as Managing Director, and with GIC Real Estate. Mr. Peterson began his real estate career at LaSalle Partners and Trammell Crow Company, where he was active in acquisitions, development, and asset management. In total, Mr. Peterson has closed investments totaling well in excess of $20 billion.
Mr. Peterson received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University and a Master of Business Administration degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
- "Digital Realty "Leadership"". Digital Realty. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- "Digital Realty Appoints Scott E. Peterson as Chief Investment Officer". Digital Realty. Retrieved 10 July 2020.
- "Earnings Press Release and Supplemental Information". Digital Realty. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- "Data Center REITs Are Hard To Beat". Forbes. Brad Thomas. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
- Scott E. Peterson | Crunchbase
- Scott E. Peterson | Digital Realty
- Scott E Peterson Net Worth (2020) | wallmine
- Scott E. Peterson's compensation from 2006 to 2017 | ExecPay
- Digital Realty Chief Investment Officer Peterson Leaving Company
This article "Scott E. Peterson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.