Sasha Alpert is an American film and television producer. She is the Executive Vice President of Bunim/Murray Productions and its documentary division, BMP Films, which she founded in 2008.
Alpert was born and raised in Providence, Rhode Island. She is a graduate of Wesleyan University. and currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Alpert's films include Autism: The Musical, which won two primetime Emmy Awards, including Best Non-Fiction Special. The film initially premiered on HBO.
She also produced Shadow Billionaire, the story of DHL founder and tycoon Larry Hillblom, which premiered on CNBC.
In addition to producing documentaries, Alpert oversaw casting for all of Bunim/Murray Productions’ reality shows for 17 years. In 2017, she and Megan Sleeper won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Casting for a Reality Program for for their work on the Born This Way (TV series)|Born This Way television series and has been nominated for numerous Emmys for Project Runway.
|2019||Autism: The Sequel||Producer||HBO|
|2016||They Call Us Monsters||Producer||The Orchard/Independent Lens|
|2015-2019||Born This Way||Producer||A&E|
|2014||Under the Gunn||Producer||Lifetime|
|2007-2012||Bad Girls Club||Producer||Oxygen|
|2011||Coming Out||Executive Producer||MTV|
|2003-2010||The Real World||Producer||MTV|
|2007||Bad Girls Road Trip||Producer||Oxygen|
|2007||Autism: The Musical||Producer||HBO|
|2001||Real World/Road Rules Casting Special||Consulting Producer||MTV|
|1999||Forever Hollywood||Producer||American Cinematheque, Kodak|
|1998||Inside the CIA||Series Producer||TBS|
|1995||Here Comes the Bride, There Goes the Groom||Director||CBS|
Reviews and Accolades
Autism: The Musical
They Call Us Monsters
Awards and Nominations
Three-time Emmy Award winner with eleven additional nominations
Two-time winner of Casting Society of America Awards
- ↑ Plake, Randi Alexandra. "Alpert Snags First-Ever Emmy for Outstanding Casting". Wesleyan University. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- ↑ "Emmy Nominations for Autism: The Musical". Television Academy. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- ↑ Blozan, Elizabeth. "Documentareality: A Nonfiction Mash-Up". International Documentary Association. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- ↑ ""Shadow Billionaire" Will Premiere on CNBC January 17th". CNBC. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- ↑ Campbell, Virginia. "Born This Way Cast Honors Their Casting Directors". RespectAbility. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- ↑ "Emmy Awards and Nominations, Sasha Alpert". Television Academy. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- ↑ ""Emmy Awards and Nominations for Sasha Alpert". Television Academy. Retrieved January 6, 2020.
- ↑ ""Emmy Awards and Nominations for Sasha Alpert, CSA". Television Academy. Retrieved January 6, 2020.
- ↑ ""CSA Awards, 2018". Deadline. Retrieved January 6, 2020.
This article "Sasha Alpert" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.