|Born||March 25, 1991|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
Sarah Dickens (March 25, 1991) is a writer and former editor based in Atlanta, Georgia. With a passion for storytelling and a keen eye for detail, she has made significant contributions to the field of literature. With a deep-rooted faith in Christ and a resilient spirit, Dickens's journey has been marked by challenges and triumphs, which she fearlessly shares through her book "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil." The book is an Amazon bestseller in the "Religious Biographies for Young Adults" category.
Known for her meticulous proofreading and editing skills, Dickens has played a crucial role in shaping and refining numerous written works. She has been an integral part of Atlanta Christian Voice, LLC, where she served as an Editor, ensuring the delivery of high-quality content. Alongside her editorial responsibilities, Dickens has showcased her writing prowess through captivating stories and articles.
Early life and education
Dickens was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, where she developed a passion for writing at an early age. Even as a child, she enjoyed crafting short stories and essays, which her teachers would share with the class.
After completing high school, Dickens enrolled at Georgia College and State University, earning her undergraduate degree in 2015. She pursued further education at Liberty University from 2016 to 2019. At Liberty University, Dickens completed two Master of Arts degrees, one in Global Studies in 2017 and another in Pastoral Counseling in 2019. While pursuing her master's degree, Dickens worked as a daycare assistant teacher at various daycare centers.
In October 2017, Dickens joined Atlanta Christian Voice, LLC, as an Editor. Within this role, she was responsible for proofreading and editing stories. Additionally, she actively contributed to the writing process and provided valuable guidance and support to writers within the Atlanta Christian Voice division of One Christian Voice, LLC.
Before her position as an editor, Dickens worked as a writer for several organizations, including the American Public Transportation Association, The Union Recorder, and The Colonnade.
In 2022, Dickens left her job at Atlanta Christian Voice, LLC, and went on to publishing her autobiographical book, "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil." This work reflects her journey, highlighting her courage, unwavering faith, and the transformative power of her Christian beliefs in the face of a bipolar disorder diagnosis. Through her narrative, Dickens explores challenges such as complex mother-daughter dynamics, past relationships, and fluctuating friendships. Her story is an inspiring testimony of resilience, faith, and unwavering devotion to the Lord.
Awards and recognitions
- Book Honour Award: Writer's Official, 2022
- Winner of the Book Promotion Video Contest for the Week of January 11th, 2023, in the ebook design category
- The paperback version of her book, "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil," is a bestseller in the "Religious Biographies for Young Adults" category on Amazon India.
Dickens currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia. Apart from her writing pursuits, her interests include collecting coffee mugs, taking nature walks, reading the Bible, offering prayers, exploring books by Christian writers, listening to Christian music, and maintaining a personal journal.
In the media
- "Sarah Dickens". www.amazon.in. Retrieved 18 July 2023.
- "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil, Sarah Dickens (9781639037742) — Readings Books". www.readings.com.au. 17 November 2021. Retrieved 18 July 2023.
- Noble, Barnes &. "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil|Paperback". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 18 July 2023.
- Dickens, Sarah (16 March 2022). "A Victory Song: Beneath The Veil". books.google.co.in. Christian Faith Publishing, Inc. Retrieved 18 July 2023.
- "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil book by Sarah Dickens". ThriftBooks. Retrieved 18 July 2023.
- "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil". Goodreads. Retrieved 18 July 2023.