|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||Bsc in zoology|
|Alma mater||University of Maryland, College Park|
|Employer||Smithsonian National Zoo|
Sara Hallager is an American biologist in avian management and husbandry, specializing in the care and conservation of flamingos and kori bustards. She is curator of birds at the Smithsonian National Zoo.
Hallager holds a Bachelor of Science degree in zoology from the University of Maryland, College Park.
Hallager is curator of birds of the Smithsonian National Zoo in Washington, D.C. where she oversees a team responsible for the well-being, reproduction, and conservation of the zoo's diverse bird population. In this role, she is also the keeper of the International Studbook for the Kori Bustard (Ardeotis kori) and the International Studbook for the Buff-Crested Bustard (Lophotis gindiana), official records of the animals' history published in the International Zoo Yearbook by the Zoological Society of London. Hallager has worked at the Smithsonian National Zoo since 1987.
Hallager is active with a variety of scientific organizations. She is the former chair of the Avian Scientific Advisory Group. She serves on the advisory board for the Conservation Centers for Species Survival, and she led the organization's efforts to conserve North American songbirds. Hallager also contributes to the Kori Bustard Species Survival Plan, a program managed by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
- Blumberg, Jess (October 2007). "Nested Interest". Smithsonian Magazine. 38 (7): 38.
- Ryan, Ellen (August 15, 2004). "Sara Hallager - Biologist, National Zoo". The Washington Post: W05.
- "Sara Hallager". Smithsonian's National Zoo. July 19, 2016. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- Borenstein, Seth & Larson, Christina (September 20, 2019). "Scientists: There are 30% fewer birds in N. America than in 1970". Daily Herald. Arlington Heights, Illinois: 6.
- "International Studbooks for Rare Species of Wild Animals in Captivity". International Zoo Yearbook. The Zoological Society of London. August 30, 2018. doi:10.1111/izy.12194.
- "International Zoo Yearbook". ZSL Publications. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- "Avian Scientific Advisory Group". aviansag.org. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- "Board and Advisors". Conservation Centers for Species Survival. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- "About Us". Kori Bustard SSP. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- Sara Hallager | Smithsonian's National Zoo
- Sara Hallager | Smithsonian Voices | National Zoo
- Sara Hallager on linkedin
- Sara HALLAGER | Smithsonian Institution, DC
- About Us - Kori Bustard Species Survival Plan
This article "Sara Hallager" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.