|Add a Photo|
|Born||October 12, 1989|
|Education||Graduation in Political Science|
|Organization||Samarth Theatre Group|
Sandeep Rawat. is a Indian theatre practitioner. He is one of the well-known names in the theatre circuit of Delhi. He works as a theatre director, educator, writer, storyteller, and social activist. He has been in the industry for over a decade now. In the early stage of his career he taught visually challenged students and developed a new craft to represent them through the art of theatre. He co-founded Samarth Theatre Group with his wife Deepika Bisht in 2014 with the aim of providing a platform to anyone and everyone interested in exploring the artist within. His group thrives of the motto that ‘We all are capable (Samarth) of doing theatre, we just need a platform’. He was awarded Karmaveer Chakra Award, 2014 (bronze), 2017 (silver) and 2019 (gold), and the Gurudevo Award, 2018 from Maitrayee Mission Society.
Sandeep Rawat was born and brought up in Delhi. He did his graduation in Political Science from Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi. He has been active in theatre since his school days and was a member of the theatre society of his college. He got married to Deepika Bisht, a theatre artist and teacher, in 2017.
Sandeep Rawat started his career by working with visually challenged students. He used to teach them and would help arrange volunteers to write exams for them, as well as in expressing themselves through the art of theatre. His keen interest in academics makes him theatre educators in Delhi. In 2014, he began conducting theatre workshops in various schools and colleges of Delhi-NCR. Currently, he works at Shyama Prasad Mukherji College of the University of Delhi and G D Goenka Public School, Vasant Kunj. Apart from being a theatre faculty, he is also one of the most active theatre directors in Delhi. He has directed more than 20 plays including his much acclaimed; Tagore’s Women  The Job, Voicemail, Junction, Ek Mamuli Aadmi, The Open Couple, Ilhaam, Khamosh Adalat Jaari Hai. Each play is different from the other in terms of content, design and form. Sandeep belongs to the new age of theatre directors who are trying to experiment in the field of theatre practice. In his play, The Job, he explored the form of physical theatre, and in his play Voicemail, he worked with realism. In Khamosh Adalat Jaari Hai he presented a court room drama, and in The Open Couple he explored farce. His work revolves around contemporary issues of our society. He has also directed plays for the Hindi Academy; Shiri Upma Jog in 2017, Molki in 2018 and Faisla in 2019.
- Bachpan Kuch Kehta Hai by Sandeep Rawat & Deepika Bisht
- Tagore’s Women based on two short stories of Rabindra Nath Tagore
- The Job by Bertolt Brecht
- Voicemail by Aditya Bhushan Mishra
- Junction based on Manav Kaul’s Aisa Kehte Hain
- Ek Mamuli Aadmi by Ashok Lal
- Khamosh Adalat Jaari Hai by Vijay Tendulkar
- The Open Couple by Dario Fo and Franca Rame
- Ilhaam by Manav Kaul
- Mamtaaz Bhai Patang Wale by Manav Kaul
- Karmaveer Chakra Award (bronze), 2015
- Karmaveer Chakra Award (Silver), 2017
- Karmaveer Chakra Award (Gold), 2019
- Gurudevo Award, 2018
In the media
- Sandeep Rawat on linkedin
- Samarth Theatre Group - Posts | Facebook
- Corona tales: Theatre artists get dramatically digital - art
- Sandeep Rawat on instagram
- Saitan theatre Festival at Delhi - Events High
- Sandeep Rawat - Movies, Biography, News, Age & Photos
- Samarth Theatre Group - PlayMyPlay - Watch 300 hit Theatre
This article "Sandeep Rawat" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.