|Add a Photo|
March 12, 1977
|Known for||Positive Existential Therapy|
Hussam “Sam” Nabil (born 12 March 1977) is an Egyptian psychotherapist practicing in the USA, founder of Naya Clinics and creator of Positive Existential Therapy. He was born in Sendai Japan, and grew up in Cairo, Egypt.
Career & education
Nabil worked as a sports marketing manager in Doha, Qatar for 9 years. He completed his Bachelor of Arts from the Cairo University. Later, he got a MBA in Sports Management from IE Business School in Spain and a Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of Cincinnati.He shifted base to Cincinnati in 2012 where he trained as a mental health counselor and founded Naya Clinics. He created Positive Existential Therapy (PET) and designed it to “reinvent therapy for the 21st century.
Nabil’s early education includes a Bachelor of arts BA in political science and economics in 2000 from Cairo University. Nabil used his two decades of experience in human behavior and studied existential psychotherapy. Positive Existential Therapy is the amalgamation of the wisdom and insights delivered by existential psychotherapy and clinically tested data of positive psychology. Nabil considers Positive Existential Therapy to be a “radical departure” from how therapy is conducted today in the United states.
Sam Nabil was born in Sendai, Japan. He spent the first three years of his life in Japan before he moved with his family to Cairo, Egypt. He grew up in Cairo.
In the media
- "Sam Nabil about us page".
- "'My identity went': Mental health issues torment trailing spouses". Al Jazeera. London. 1 October 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- "Marriage Counseling – When to Save Your Relationship?". ForeignPolicy.org. London. 3 October 2020. Retrieved 23 June 2020.
- "Red flags in relationships what to watch out for". Local12 TV. London. 3 October 2020. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Depressed in Qatar? Former resident launches online therapy service". Doha News. London. 3 October 2020. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "THERAPIST SAM NABIL TALKS ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH IN QATAR". The Life Pile. London. 3 October 2020. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Reinventing therapy in Denver with a new location in Lo Do". PR Newswire. London. 3 October 2020. Retrieved 31 October 2018.
- "Leading the Way into the Future of Therapy". Prague Post. London. 3 October 2020. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- "The pandemic has people reexamining their lives. Some don't like what they're seeing". Boston Globe. London. 30 September 2020. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
- "How to Be Vulnerable With Your Kids". Fatherly. London. 30 September 2020. Retrieved 29 September 2020.
- "Sam Nabil about us page".
- a sam nabil company - Naya Clinics
- Sam Nabil, Licensed Professional Counselor, Boston, MA
- Naya Clinics : A Sam Nabil Company | SimplePractice
- Sam Nabil Counseling Services Plans to Rebrand as Naya Clinics in Mid-May
- Naya Clinics - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
- Naya Clinics Launches Coronavirus Anxiety Counseling Service