Sai Vittal Battula
Sai Vittal Battula
|Add a Photo|
|Born||28 May 2000|
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Education||Mahindra Ecole Centrale (ongoing)|
Sai Vittal Battula (born May 28, 2000), is an Indian software engineer, entrepreneur and researcher from Hyderabad, Telangana, India who is the creator of atomeOS, a desktop operating system. He is the founder of Swattle and co-founder of MergeURL.
Early life and education
Vittal was born in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India on May 28, 2000. His mother, Vasundhara, is a software engineer. He belongs to a Telugu language speaking family and grew up in the suburbs of Hyderabad, India.
Vittal completed schooling in Niraj Public School, an Indian Certificate of Secondary Education in Ameerpet, Hyderabad. He is currently pursuing his bachelors degree from Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering in electrical and electronics engineering.
He is the creator and principal developer of atomeOS. The first version of atomeOS was publicly released on June 29, 2020 and was named atomeOS 1.0 LTS (Bionic Beaver).
It is claimed that atomeOS is less power-hungry and requires only half a gigabyte of memory and a 6 GB hard drive, and it works with any computer processor that's 64-bit. It is marketed as an eco-friendly operating system that helps to reduce the carbon footprint by prolonging battery life.
It is distributed for free under his non-profit named Swattle.
He is the co-founder of a free-to-use URL shortening and merging service. It is claimed that its unique server-side architecture makes the service secure and its algorithm also prevents spam.
He is the founder of this non-profit that distributes free software including atomeOS. It operates by donations from the users and its income value is unknown. He believes open-source is a rightful way of building software. This turned most of Swattle's projects open-sourced while the codebase of atomeOS codebase still remains proprietary.
Awards and recognition
- One among 20 recipients of GNOME Community Engagement award in 2020.
- World rank of 4,899 in World Memory Statistics as of December 2020.
- "Sai Vittal Battula - Google Scholar". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- "Students at Niraj Public School". nirajpublicschool.com. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- "Official atomeOS Documentation". github.com. Swattle. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- Kammakomati, Mehant; Battula, Sai Vittal (24 August 2020). "MergeURL: An Effective URL Merging and Shortening Service" (PDF). International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing. 9 (8): 63–69. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- Wu, Melissa. "Phase One Winners". gnome.org. GNOME. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- "Competitors: B. SAI VITTAL". world-memory-statistics.com. World Memory Sports Council. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
This article "Sai Vittal Battula" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.