|Add a Photo|
|Birth name||Ryan Chin|
|Born||31 December 1991|
Christchurch, New Zealand
|Origin||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Occupation(s)||Musician & Producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Bass, Keys, Lap Steel|
|Years active||2015 – Present|
|Associated acts||Doprah, NAKEY, Mousey, Ben Woods|
Ryan Fisherman (born 31 December 1991) is a New Zealander singer-songwriter, producer, and session musician based Christchurch, New Zealand. Primarily known for his work as the drummer of indie electronic band Doprah. He has also worked alongside other artists and groups such as NAKEY, Ben Woods, Fraser Ross, Blair Parkes, Al Park, Katie Thompson, Candice Milner, Mousey, Adam Hattaway, Tom Maxwell, and Monique Aiken.
Ryan Fisherman is the moniker of Christchurch musician Ryan Chin - local artist, multi-instrumentalist, producer, and session musician.   Ryan stepped into the music scene circa 2013 as the drummer for indie electronic act Doprah.  During this time Chin also started writing his own music under the name "Ryan Fisherman", supporting acts such as Julia Jacklin, Lawrence Arabia, and Flip Grater he released his first EP "The Nest Egg" in 2015. Ryan started developing his skills as a multi-instrumentalist after Doprah disbanded in 2016, joining multiple Christchurch bands on various instruments. In December 2016 He teamed up with Lyttelton producer Ben Edwards (Marlon Williams (musician), Nadia Reid) to start work on his first record. The album featured twenty musicians which included Marlon Williams (musician), Motte, Candice Milner, The Eastern, Ben Woods, Ben Eldridge, Joseph McCallum, Simon Gregory, Paddy Long, Symon Palmer, and Doprah frontwoman Indira Force. His debut album "Vibe" was released in May 2020. Ryan has worked as a session musician, working with artists from New Zealand and Australia. In 2019 he recorded and produced the album "Lemon Law" by Christchurch artist "Mousey". The first single "Extreme Highs" was long-listed for the APRA Silver Scroll award.  
- Doprah (Drums)
- NAKEY (Bass)
- Fran (Drums)
- Ben Woods (Guitar, Lap Steel, Synth)
- Blair Parkes (Drums)
- Mousey (Bass)
- Katie Thompson (Drums, Guitar)
- Tom Maxwell (Drums)
- Adam Hattaway & The Haunters (Drums)
- Saint Martins (Guitar, Vocals)
- Rickshaw (Guitar, Vocals)
- Golden Orange (Bass, Drums, Vocals)
- Sand Fly Bay (Drums)
- Sister Something (Bass, Drums)
- Fraser Ross (Bass)
- Sabine Wojnar (Drums)
Albums & EPs
|The Nest Egg - EP||
|Vibe - Album||
In the media
- ""drummer Ryan Chin"".
- ""currently play the drums, bass, guitar, synth, lap steel and vocals – in various bands"".
- ""Ryan Fisherman is "Chiwi" born musician from Christchurch, New Zealand"".
- ""Having played with some of New Zealand's stellar songwriters as Doprah"".
- "Julia Jacklin Support".
- "Lawrence Arabia support".
- "Flip Grater support".
- "Doprah are performing their last show for the foreseeable future".
- ""Fisherman is currently finishing up his debut album, recorded by Ben Edwards"".
- "Marlon Williams steps up to add a harmony vocal to 'Old Man In Me'".
- ""Drums by Ryan Fisherman"".
- ""at The Hut with Ryan Fisherman"".
- ""Extreme Highs - Mousey"".
- "Nest Egg release date".
- "Vibe release date".
This article "Ryan Fisherman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.