Ryadh M. Alkhareif
Ryadh M. Alkhareif
|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||King Saud University|
Ryadh M. Alkhareif is a Saudi economist and currently serves as the alternate Executive Director for Saudi Arabia at the IInternational Monetary Fund in Washington D.C. He has published a number of papers in peer reviewed journals, and has co-authored the book “Advances in Monetary Policy Design” with William Barnett, a pioneer of the Divisia monetary indexes. Dr. Alkhareif has recently published a book on "Macroeconomic Policies and Econometric Models for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia". The Center for Financial Stability (CFS) in New York provides direct links to some of Dr. Alkhareif’s scientific publications.
Education and career
Alkhareif received his Bachelor degree in Finance from King Saud University. He then moved to Portland, where he received his first masters degree in Economics from University of Oregon. He earned his second masters degree in Economics from as well as a doctorate from the University of Kansas.
Dr. Alkhareif has more than 15 years of experience in the economic field. He is currently the Alternate Executive Director for Saudi Arabia at the International Monetary Fund. Dr. Alkhareif is a member of the Executive Board, which is the policy and decision-making body of the International Monetary Fund. The Executive Board is responsible for conducting the day-to-day business of the IMF, including the approval of all IMF lending operations, the review and approval of IMF policies, and the completion of the Article IV surveillance exercise with each member country.
Prior to joining the Fund, Dr. Alkhareif was the Head of the Studies Division at the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority). The Studies Division is responsible for running SAMA’s main macroeconomic models. Dr. Alkhareif was in charge of coordinating the publication process for SAMA’s Working Papers, its primary research publications. He also was responsible for holding SAMA’s quarterly economic workshops. Moreover, Dr. Alkhareif participated in many regional and international meetings related to the work of central banks.
Dr. Alkhareif represented Saudi Arabia at the G20 Framework Working Group (FWG) during 2016-2019. He also contributed to the formulation of the FWG Priorities under the 2020 G20 Riyadh summit.
He is the member of the Leadership in Financial Institutions Program in Harvard Business School and MIT since 2012. Also, he is a member of the American Economic Measurement Association since 2013. He was the Representative of Saudi Arabia at the G20 (FWG) from 2016 until 2019, and was member of the Training Committee in the Research and International Affairs Agency of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency from 2013 until 2014.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh M. (2020) “Macroeconomic policies and econometric models of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”, King Fahad National Library.
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif, William A. Barnett (2013), Advances in Monetary Policy Design: Applications to the Gulf Monetary Union, Cambridge Scholars Publishing. This book is available in U.S. libraries and major online retailers such as Amazon.
- Alkhareif and Alrasasi (2020) “Estimating the Money Demand Function for Saudi Arabia Using Divisia Monetary Aggregate”, SAMA Working Paper No. 20/14.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh M. (2020) “Nowcasting Real GDP for Saudi Arabia”, Journal of Economic Development(under review).
- Alkhareif, Alrasasi, and Shahid (2017), “Why Has Inflation Declined in Saudi Arabia?” International Monetary Fund Selected Issues paper / Country Report No. 17/191.
- Alkhareif, R. M., Barnett, W. A., & Qualls, J. H. (2017). Has the Dollar Peg Served the Saudi Economy Well?. International Finance and Banking, 4(1), 145-162.
- Alkhareif, Barnett, and Alsadoun (2017) Estimating Output Gap for Saudi Arabia, International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 9, No. 3.
- Alkhareif et. al (2016) Financing the Fiscal Deficit – Possible Options and Their Potential Implications, International Monetary Fund Selected Issues paper/ Country Report No. 16/327.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh M. “Are There Significant Premiums in the Saudi Stock Market?”, Finance Research Letter, Elsevier (2016).
- Alkhareif, Ryadh M., Ahmed Albakr, and Salah Alsayaary (2016), “Exchange Rate Pass Through to Inflation in Saudi Arabia”, SAMA Working Paper No. 16/2.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh M. and William A. Barnett (2015), Core Inflation Indicators for Saudi Arabia, Panoeconomicus, volume (62) Issue 3: 257-266.
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif and Barnett, William A. "Modern and Traditional Methods for Measuring Money Supply: The Case of Saudi Arabia." International Journal of Financial Studies 3.1 (2015): 49-55.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh (2014), The performance of the Islamic Development Bank since the Global Financial Crisis, Journal of the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors at Islamic Development Bank.
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif (2013), Essays in Divisia Monetary Aggregation: Applications to the Gulf Monetary Union, ProQuest Dissertation Publishing, 3561105.
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif, William A. Barnett (2012), Divisia Monetary Aggregates for the GCC Countries, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.1-37.
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif (2003), Money Laundering Operations, Al-Jazeera, 11075.
Awards and certifications
- High Potentials Leadership Program (HPLP), Harvard University [October 20-25, 2019]
- Financial Programming and Policies, IMF [March 3-10, 2017]
- Economic Modelling and Forecasting Program, Bank of England [Nov 30-Dec 11, 2015]
- The Politics and Economics of International Finance, Harvard University [Mar 28, 2015]
- Trained Economist, State Street Corporation [Feb-May 2015]
- Advanced Topics in Empirical Finance, Swiss National Bank [February 2 – 13, 2015]
- Leadership in Financial Organizations, Harvard University [Jul 8-12, 2012]
- Essential IT for Non-IT Executives at MIT–Business School [Nov 15-16, 2012]
- Understanding and Solving Complex Business Problems, at MIT–Business School [Sep. 18-19, 2012]
- Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Economic Sciences Young Researcher Award, Germany [Aug 2014]
- Harimlae Award for Excellence, PhD Level 
- Full Scholarship for Graduate Studies, Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority [2005-2013]
- Awarded an Honor Degree for Outstanding Academic Performance–King Saud University .
- "Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Advances in Monetary Policy Design". www.cambridgescholars.com. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "International Advances in Monetary and Financial Measurement - The Center for Financial Stability". www.centerforfinancialstability.org. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh. "Essays in Divisia monetary aggregation: Applications to the Gulf Monetary Union". PQDT Open. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
This article "Ryadh M. Alkhareif" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.