|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Key people||Kek (co-founder) (pseudonym)
captainmeta4 (co-founder) (pseudonym)arkitekt (co-founder) (pseudonym)
|Employees||3 (June 2020)|
|Registration||Optional, Registration is required to submit or vote on posts.|
Ruqqus (stylized as ruqqus) is an American open-source social news aggregation and web content rating website based around free speech. It is funded through donations and by the developers. Registered users can submit text posts, links and images that can be voted up or down by users. Posts are organized into user created boards called “Guilds” that cover a wide variety of topics. Submissions with more upvotes appear at the top of the guild and can appear on the front page of the site with enough votes.
The site was created as an alternative to the website Reddit. It has rapidly increased in popularity due to recent bannings of popular Reddit communities, which many users claim are due to bias and censorship of opinions. Ruqqus uses several ways to combat moderator abuse and censorship. Posts can only be deleted by the users who made them, and a user can only moderate a maximum of 10 communities.
All content on Ruqqus is posted by its users. Users can cast positive or negative votes on posts that influence their visibility or discuss them in the form of comments. If a post gets enough positive votes, it may reach the front page of Ruqqus, known as the homepage. When a user's post or comment receives a positive vote, they earn points called "rep."
Posts by users are organized into communities "Guilds". Guilds are moderated by users called guildmasters, who can change the guild's appearance, "exile," or ban users, and move posts to "general," an unmoderated guild. If a guildmaster finds a post in general that would fit their guild, they can “Yank” it to move it to their guild. If all the guildmasters of a guild are inactive, a user can choose to take it over, called a "siege."
Ruqqus has measures in place to limit moderator abuse and encourage free speech. Guildmasters can only moderate a maximum of 10 Guilds, and can't permanently delete posts. Ruqqus also doesn't have advertisements, eliminating the risk of financial influence.
- "twitter". Twitter. 2020-06-23. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- Rankovic, Didi. "Reddit is about to further censor its communities to attract advertisers". reclaimthenet.org. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- "twitter ruqqus status". Twitter. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- Ruqqus on Twitter
- ruqqus/ruqqus: An open-source platform for online ... - GitHub
- Ruqqus an open-source platform that lets you enjoy online communities, without censorship and moderator abuse.
- Ruqqus | Know Your Meme
- Ruqqus BETA - unofficial - Apps on Google Play
- RuqES - ruqqus.com - Source code - Greasy Fork
- Ruqqus.com Alternatives and Similar Websites and Apps
- Ruqqus - Summoner Stats - League of Legends - OP.GG