Ross Greenwood (writer)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||November 7, 1973|
Peterborough, United Kingdom
|Notable awards||Raven Award (2017)|
Ross Greenwood, born in Peterborough, is one of many recent bestselling English novelists and crime writers, best known for his books centred around Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and the local police or prison service. His best selling detective series started with The Snow Killer in late 2019 and sold 40,000 copies in the first 6 months.
Greenwood was born and raised in Peterborough he attended The King's School until the age of 18. He opted not to attend university. Places of work included manager at Blockbuster Video, McDonald's and even a bookmakers in Gibraltar and a farm in the outback.
He used Peterborough as his base and when back met his wife in 2010. Two children swiftly followed and they were married in 2018.
Worked in sales management for large parts of his career, and began writing his first book in 2011. Fatherhood meant needing a steady wage, he worked as a prison officer at HMP Peterborough for four years.
He restarted his writing career in 2015 with new material.
The first book was Fifty Years of Fear written in 2016. In total, the collection now totals eight books set in Peterborough.
“The Boy Inside” book was picked up by Bloodhound Books. and published on Amazon, along with Lazy Blood.
Abel's Revenge (set in London) and Shadows of Regret were self published over the following years.
In 2018, 125,000 books were downloaded
He had the idea for a serial killer series with DI John Barton as the lead which Boldwood Books  picked up and published in late 2019, selling 40,000 books in the first 6 months. Ross now writes full time.
Articles and Blogs
He has been included in published articles over the years which often tackle the misunderstood topic of prison life, and life in Peterborough.
- The Fens Greater Peterborough April 2018 magazine - Book review.
- ESPMAG March 2019 - Local Author releases City Thriller.
- Writer's Forum Magazine- Issue 223 - Apr 2020.
Greenwood now lives in Orton Longueville, Peterborough with his wife and two young children.
He has a therapy dog called Frankie which he takes into a local care home.
Greenwood completed a trilogy of books with a prison theme called The Dark Lives Series in 2017.
It included three books, Fifty Years of Fear, The Boy Inside and Lazy Blood. He wrote two further standalone thrillers called Abel's Revenge and Shadows of Regret.
The final three books (The Snow Killer, The Soul Killer, The Ice Killer) are a serial killer trilogy set in various parts of Peterborough and Norfolk.
- Greenwood, Ross (2018). Abel's Revenge. ISBN 978-1977043559.
- Greenwood, Ross (2018). Shadows of Regret. ISBN 978-1790419326.
Dark Lives Series
- Greenwood, Ross (2016). Fifty Years of Fear. Dark Lives. ISBN 978-1521806678.
- Greenwood, Ross (2017). The Boy Inside. Dark Lives. ISBN 978-1717708397.
- Greenwood, Ross (2017). Lazy Blood. Dark Lives. ISBN 978-1717707413.
DI Barton Series
- The Snow Killer. DI Barton. Boldwood Books. 2019. ISBN 978-1838894474.
- The Soul Killer. DI Barton. Boldwood Books. 2020.
- The Ice Killer. DI Barton. Boldwood Books. 2020.
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Raven Award - Winner - Favorite Mystery/Suspense - Lazy Blood - Uncaged book reviews.
- "Bloodhound Books". Bloodhound Books.
- "125,000 books downloaded". Ross Greenwood Twitter Feed.
- "Boldwood Books". Boldwood Books Contributor Ross Greenwood.
- "Book review in The Fens Greater Peterborough April 2018 magazine". The Fens Magazine April on Issuu - Page 24.
- "Local Author releases City Thriller in ESP March 2019 magazine". ESP Magazine March 2019 on Issuu - Page 34.
- "Local crime writer tour of crime scenes in Nene Living March 2020". Nene Living Magazine March 2020 on Issuu - Page 38.
- "Local crime writer tour of crime scenes in Nene Living March 2020". Nene Living Magazine March 2020 Page 38 direct.
- "Writer's Forum Magazine- Issue 223 - Apr 2020". Writer's Forum Magazine- Issue 223 - Apr 2020.
- "2017 Raven Award - Winner - Favorite Mystery/Suspense - Lazy Blood - Uncaged books". Uncaged books - raven award winners 2017.
This article "Ross Greenwood (writer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.