The Rimal Bahun are a part of the Kaushik patri-clan (gotra) of Nepali Khas-Bahun community which forms a notable population in Nepal and India. They are Upanayana thread bearers (Tagadhari), Dvija Hindus and trace their origins to Indo-Aryan people of Nepal. They settled first in the Karnali River basin, then the Gandaki and finally the Kosi basin as well as into Sikkim and Bhutan. A considerable population exists in the Himalayan foothills from Kashmir, Kumaon/Garhwal to North-Eastern India.
Notable people bearing Rimal surname
- Gopal Prasad Rimal (born 1917), poet.
- Hari Prasad Rimal (born 1925), actor, singer and film director.
- Arbind Rimal, writer.
- Hari Kumar Rimal, olympian
- Rajina Rimal, singer.
- Rachana Rimal, singer.
- Aayush Rimal, youtuber.
- Sherchan 2001, p. 14. harv error: no target: CITEREFSherchan2001 (help)
- Hofer, Andras (1979). The Caste Hierarchy and the State of Nepal: A Study of the Muluki Ain of 1854. Universitatsverlag Wagner.
- Levine, Nancy E. (February 1987). "Caste, State, and Ethnic Boundaries in Nepal". The Journal of Asian Studies. 46 (1): 71–88. doi:10.2307/2056667. ISSN 1752-0401. JSTOR 2056667.
- "Nepal - The people". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 2021-01-02.
- Rimal, Durga Nath (2006). In Search of Our Nepali Roots. ISBN 9994696742.
- Rimal, Durga Nath. Genealogy of Selected Nepali Americans Volume Two.
This article "Rimal people" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.