Richtek

From Wikitia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Richtek
Public
Traded as6286
IndustryElectronics
FoundedSeptember 1998; 23 years ago (1998-09)
Founder
  • Luke Hsieh
  • Ben Dai
  • Steve Lai
  • Chris Yuan
HeadquartersHsinchu,
Taiwan
Area served
Worldwide
Products
  • Consumer electronics
  • Computers
  • Communications equipment
ParentMediaTek
SubsidiariesRichtek Korea LLC
Websiterichtek.com

Richtek Inc. (Chinese: 立錡科技股份有限公司) is a Taiwanese fabless semiconductor company that provides power management chips for consumer electronics, computers, communications equipment, and industrial and automotive products.

Headquartered in Hsinchu, Taiwan, the company has 9 offices worldwide and was the largest fabless Analog IC designer Asia in 2019. Richtek was founded in 1998. Richtek also provides its customers with complete system design-in service and support.

History

Richtek Technology Corporation was founded in 1998 by Luke Hsieh, Ben Dai, Steve Lai and Chris Yuan who is the current CEO. Luke Hsieh was the CEO from 1998 to 2019. In October 2003, Luke Hsieh took the company public with an IPO. The company was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSEC) under the code"6286" from 2003 to 2016. In October 2015, the Hsu-Si investment corp. which is owned 100% by MediaTeck Inc. acquired 51% of Richtek’s outstanding shares. The acquisition of the remaining 49% of Richtek’s shares was finalised at the second quarter of 2016. Richtek became a wholly owned subsidiary of MediaTek. Since then, Richtek has expended to include a more diversified product portfolio.

Milestone

2017/12 BLDC products receive the certification of UL-IEC 60730.
2017/05 Richtek has won the fourth consecutive annual award of Research and Development Substitute Services (RDSS) excellent company.
2015/12 Richtek won the award of 2015 Hsinchu County Environmental Education Award and join the national competition on behalf of Hsinchu County.
2015/12 Richtek won the annual award of Research and Development Substitute Services (RDSS) excellent company.
2015/10 Hsu-Si Investment Corp. (MediaTek Inc. 100% owns) had acquired 51% of Richtek’s outstanding shares.
2015/10 System USB-PD Controller IC (RT7800[1]) received the USB-IF certification.
2015/07 Power adaptor USB-PD Controller IC (RT7207) received USB-IF certification.
2011/12 Certified for OHSAS18001.
2011/11 Awarded Forbes Asia’s 200 ”Best Under A Billion” in 2011.
2010/02 TSMC 0.25um BCD began mass production.
2009/12 Awarded ISO9001 RWTUV certification.
2009/02 Commenced 8-inch process migration.
2004/12 Certified for ISO-14000.
2003/10 Issued IPO on October 21st.
2000/07 Certified for ISO9001 RWTUV.
1998/12 First product, RT34063A, launched.
1998/09 Richtek founded, with an initial capital of NT$5M.

Products

Richtek provides digital, analog, and mixed-signal integrated circuits. It offers [2]DC to DC converter ICs that are used to convert and control voltages of various electronic systems, such as consumer electronics, computers, communications equipment, and industrial and automotive products. The Company provides power conversion ICs, including linear regulators, direct current (DC) converters and DC controllers; power management ICs, including linear controllers and battery chargers; power protection ICs, including power switches and battery protectors, as well as drivers/amplifiers, including class AB amplifiers, field effect transistor (FET) drivers; white light emitting diode (WLED) drivers; LED back lighting drivers and LCD lighting DC/CD driver LED products, among others[3].

Locations

Full list of Richtek locations

Taipei, Taiwan

Beijing, China

Shenzhen, China

Shanghai, China

Suzhou, China

Gyeonggi-do, Korea

San Jose, USA

Tokyo, Japan

Eindhoven, Netherlands

In the media

              

References

External links

This article "Richtek" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.