|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in history|
|Organization||Octavian and Company|
|Spouse(s)||Sharon Coplan Hurowitz|
Richard Hurowitz is an American writer, investor, and businessman. He is the CEO of Octavian and Company, a global investment firm. He is the founder and publisher of the Octavian Report, a quarterly magazine covering economics, politics, and culture, and the founder of Octavian Advisors, an investment fund sold to private equity firm TPG Capital in 2013.
Hurowitz received a bachelor’s degree in history from Yale University in 1995, magna cum laude, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He graduated from Columbia University Law School in 1998 and was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
Hurowitz is the chief executive officer of Octavian & Company, a boutique global investment firm. Hurowitz founded investment fund Octavian Advisors in 2006, where he served as chief investment officer. Before being sold to private equity firm TPG in 2013, Octavian Advisors managed over $1 billion in assets and specialized in international special situations. The fund held stakes in Head NV, Moncler, EI Towers, EnerCare, Atlas Arteria, and Midwest Airlines.
Prior to founding Octavian, Hurowitz was a partner and managing principal at Halcyon Asset Management LLC, a multi-strategy hedge fund.
In 2017, Hurowitz co-founded the Renew Democracy Initiative, a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization promoting and defending liberal democracy. He served as the organization’s president.
Hurowitz grew up in New York City and attended the Dalton School. Hurowitz married Sharon Coplan in 1999. Coplan Hurowitz is an independent curator and art adviser. They have two children. Their son Asher, an Egyptologist, gave a lecture at the Yale University Art Gallery in 2017 and has led informal tours at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Hurowitz was a member of the 2019 United States masters table tennis team at the European Maccabi Games in Budapest.
In the media
- "Richard Hurowitz". The Octavian Report.
- "Richard Hurowitz". Octavian & Company.
- Barr, Alistair (7 March 2006). "Reservoir invests $100M in hedge fund". MarketWatch.
- English, Carleton (9 September 2017). "Sotheby's to host hedge fund conference". New York Post.
- Wirz, Matt (30 May 2012). "Tempted, U.S. Funds Hop the Pond". Wall Street Journal.
- "TPG buys controlling stake in Octavian funds". M&A Navigator. No. 23 July 2013.
- "Octavian announces joint venture with Shanghai's Goshawk Group". HedgeWeek. 14 April 2008.
- "Company Presentation" (PDF). EI Towers.
- "Octavian Advisors Provides Update on Investment in EnerCare Inc". 16 December 2011.
- Frederix, Erica (18 August 2007). "Northwest Airlines may be eventual owner of Midwest". Associated Press.
- "Halcyon Asset Management Launches European Operations". Halcyon Asset Management. 8 June 2005.
- Boot, Max (25 April 2018). "The political center is fighting back". Washington Post.
- "WEDDINGS; Sharon Coplan, Richard Hurowitz". New York Times. 13 June 1999.
- Van Nostrand, Liana (14 February 2017). "13-year-old egyptologist delivers YUAG talk". Yale Daily News.
- Alberts, Hana R (10 April 2016). "Meet the seventh-grader schooling adults on ancient Egypt". New York Post.
- "New York Residents To Represent Maccabi USA At The 2019 Regional Games". Maccabi USA. 5 June 2019.
- Richard Hurowitz | Octavian Report
- Richard Hurowitz on twitter
- Richard Hurowitz on linkedin
- Articles by Richard Hurowitz | Octavian Report Journalist
- Richard Hurowitz | Algemeiner.com
- Richard Hurowitz on facebook
- Richard Hurowitz | Octavian Report Journalist | Muck Rack
- Richard Hurowitz - Harvest - Harvest - Harvest Exchange
- Richard Hurowitz Archive | REDEF
- Richard Hurowitz | Author | RealClearMarkets
This article "Richard Hurowitz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.