|Add a Photo|
|Associated acts||SAENTS, Rett Smith|
|Add a Photo|
Rett Smith is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist and producer, noted for his Americana influenced rock sound. He recorded Tularosa, a record that was released in 2015. The eight song disc, described as a modern bluesy rock n’ roll masterwork, was produced by 9x Grammy award winner Butcher Bros.|Joe Nicolo of The Butcher Bros.
Smith was born on October 15, 1992 in Lubbock, Texas, raised in New Mexico, Innsbruck, Austria and Vail, Colorado As a youth, Smith competed as an Ski racing|alpine ski racer. An internationally top ranked athlete and Junior Olympic medalist, Smith was forced to leave athletics after multiple severe injuries.
Smith started his musical career by taking the stage at Mercury Lounge in New York City and played cathartic blues based songs that were self-written. On September 18, 2015, he released his debut album Tularosa produced by Joe Nicolo of The Butcher Bros. The album was released internationally by Sony Music's RED label. Also in 2015, Smith became an endorsed artist of Gibson Guitars. In July 2016, Smith released his second album Oscuro, a collection of "rock with an alternate instrumental backdrop," again internationally on Sony Music's RED label Musicians on Tularosa and Oscuro include Chuck Treece (Bad Brains), David Uosikkinen, Mitch Beer, Lilly Winwood (Daughter of Steve Winwood) among others.
In 2017 Smith founded the band SAENTS, with an emphasis on an edgier, heavier sound. On November 9, 2017, Billboard (magazine)|Billboard debuted SAENTS debut record exclusively for 24 hours, The EP's full release followed on November 10, 2017 on Sony Music's RED label.
In 2019, Smith is credited as slide guitarist on Blood Red Shoes track "Howl" as part of the English band's alternate series release.
In April 2020 Smith returned with the release of the single Better Day.American Songwriter premiered the track and video, awarding the song "Best New Music"
Laura-Mary Carter of the English band Blood Red Shoes is featured on the track as an accompanying vocalist.
On May 22, 2020 Smith released the solo album Giving Up On Quitting. The self-produced 10 track LP was released internationally by Republic Records Imperial imprint - Universal Music Group.
Musicians on the record include Laura-Mary Carter from Blood Red Shoes and Barry Fratelli from The Fratellis.
- SAENTS EP
- Giving Up on Quitting
- Live...alone EP
- Better Day
- Hardship Highways
- Luck Burns Deep
- One Block Bar
- Warmest Winter
- Never Knew
- Lucky Strike
- Eyes of Me
- Two Headed Dog
- Take You
- To Death
- Broken Heart and T.B.I.
- Eriksson, Daniel. "Rett Smith Talks New EP & Gibson Guitars".
- "Music Premiere: On New EP 'Oscuro,' Rett Smith Stays True to His West Texas Roots". Texas Monthly. 2016-07-29. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "INTERVIEW: Rett Smith – Infectious Magazine". infectiousmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- passion, Jon BerrienPeople who make music out of pure; inspiring, this is what I. find truly (2015-09-15). "Nashville based singer-songwriter Rett Smith premieres 'Tularosa' EP". GroundSounds. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "song premiere: rett smith "one to blame"". Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Daily Discovery: Rett Smith, "One Block Bar"". American Songwriter. 2015-10-19. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- Cropp, Ian. "Ski Club Vail has top finishes". Vail Daily.
- BETTY. "Show Package – NY Men F/W 10: Next". models.com. models.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- BETTY. "Show Package – NY F/W 09: Next (Men)". models.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Rett Smith Shows Gentle Side on "Better Day"".
- "VIDEO PREMIERE: RETT SMITH CRANKS IT UP WITH BLUESY, FOOT-STOMPING ROCK ANTHEM "LUCK RUNS DEEP"".
- "PREMIERE: Rett Smith Bites Back with "Rattlesnakes"".
- Kennedy, Cory. "Song Premiere: Rett Smith "One to Blame"". Nylon.
- "InKind Music : RETT SMITH – TULAROSA EP PREMIERE ON GROUNDSOUNDS". InKind Music. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "From The Horse's Mouth: Rett Smith on Tularosa | Ghettoblaster Magazine". Ghettoblaster Magazine. 2015-09-29. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Gibson | Explore The Les Paul Collections". www.gibson.com.
- "Rett Smith | Album Discography | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Saents - Saents | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic" – via www.allmusic.com.
- "Nashville Blues-Rock Duo SAENTS Shed Their Blood on Self-Titled Debut EP: Exclusive Premiere". Billboard.
- "Saents | Album Discography". AllMusic.
- "Rett Smith Shows Gentle Side on "Better Day"". American Songwriter. April 3, 2020.
- "Rett Smith". Missing Piece Group.
- "No Depression's Best of the Month Playlist, a playlist by No Depression on Spotify". Spotify.
- "PREMIERE: Rett Smith Bites Back with "Rattlesnakes"". FLOOD.
- "Tularosa Credits".