|Founder||Keith Ong, Mao Ching Foo|
|Type||Property technology, Real estate|
RealVantage is a property technology startup which provides an online real estate co-investing platform that helps both accredited investors and High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) invest, manage and optimise real estate portfolios. As of January 2020 the company says that it is looking and invested in assets across the borders of Singapore, mainly in Australia, United States (USA) and the United Kingdom (UK). RealVantage is headquartered in Singapore.
RealVantage was founded in early 2019 by two seasoned professionals in the financial industry, Keith Ong and Mao Ching Foo. Keith, CEO of RealVantage, has over 20 years of experience in real estate investment and was involved in the transaction of over USD 3 billion internationally prior to founding RealVantage. Mao, co-founder of RealVantage, has over 18 years of experience in Information technology and Data science. Prior to the founding RealVantage, he was a Quantitative Trader at Barclays Global Investors (now BlackRock), and Ronin capital. Through algorithms, Mao has transacted over USD 10 billion in global equities.
The PropTech company started as Co-founder Keith Ong felt that, “there was a gap in offshore real estate investment opportunities for individual investors”. Using this prospect, RealVantage has started offering investment services to both accredited investors and High-Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs), and in September 2019 made their first transaction in Sydney, a Residential property/ Townhouse Development. Since then, the company has continued to offer other real estate investment deals to other investors. In a brief span of 10 months after the company was established in Singapore, RealVantage has expanded their service to Indonesia and to date, 30% of the investors are located there.
Traditionally, co-investments are managed by private property investment managers or Real estate investment trust and investors do not have control over which property they want their investment capital to participate in. However, RealVantage provides investors with an opportunity to select, customise and design their desired real-estate portfolio based on their risk appetite through the use of the RealVantage investment platform.
RealVantage platform uses sophisticated models and up-to-date market information to filter and seek opportunities in the global property market. In addition, they also employ Artificial intelligence and Machine learning models to complement any form of decision-making ranging from, property research, deal sourcing, macroeconomic and geographical insights and assessment and even asset management.
Following a thorough investigation through quantitative analysis, deals are usually inspected and vetted by experts and prominent figures in the real estate industry. These prominent individuals include Anthony Ang, CEO of Sasseur REIT and the former CEO of Fortune REIT, and Richard Tan, an independent real estate advisor and former CFO of Suntec REIT.
With prudent analysis accompanied by a robust research process and quantitative modelling coupled with approval from industry experts, deals are put together into an investment memorandum detailing the investment strategy, financial analysis, investment period and deal terms. These deals are subsequently listed in the RealVantage investment platform, for which accredited investors are able to participate and build up their real estate investment portfolio.
The RealVantage team currently screens nearly 600 property opportunities each year and the weekly investor newsletter, webinars keep investors up-to-date with any potential opportunities.
Awards and Achievements
RealVantage won two awards simultaneously in the seventh annual Stevie Awards Awards. A Silver Stevie Award for the Most Innovative Startup of the Year under Consumer Service Industries category and a Bronze Stevie Award for the Most Innovative Tech Startup of the Year under Services category.
- "Start-up RealVantage launches online co-investing platform". www.edgeprop.sg. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "Proptech startup RealVantage introduces co-investment platform, will allow cross-border real estate deals". Panorama Asia Tech News. 2020-01-16. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "RealVantage launches co-investment platform to disrupt property investing". sg.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- Akhaya, Prisca. "RealVantage introduces co-investment platform, to allow cross-border real estate deals". e27. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "RealVantage unveils real estate co-investment platform". Singapore Business Review. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "Proptech startup RealVantage launches co-investment platform". Digital News Asia. 2020-01-17. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "RealVantage Wins Two Awards in the 7th Annual Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "Welcome to Morningstar Asia – Singapore". sg.morningstar.com. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "RealVantage Wins Two Awards in the 7th Annual Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards". AsiaOne. 2020-08-07. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "RealVantage Wins Two Awards in the 7th Annual Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-08-14.