Rantas is a mythical character from Kashmiri folk tales. It is used to be invoked by family elders to scare children so that they would not roam during winters and get sick. Rantas is as called as Ranth which means a scare character.
The term Rantas is a Fictional character which Kashmiris often use in their folklores. Rantas is a mythical character.It is also believed that Rantas abducts man and then she keeps as her prisoner and then later marries him. Rantas mourns the loss of her man. Rantas is a scary mythical character. It is also believed that she roams in the moonless nights and people hear her wailing all the night. It is also believed that she had turned feet. By which she can be identified. There are so many folklores and short stories in which the character of Rantas is used in Kashmir.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "The Magical Reality of Rantas". Kashmir Observer. 2021-01-09. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- ↑ RANTAS. "RANTAS( Ancient Kashmiri Mythical Figure) by Naik Sualeha". allpoetry.com. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- ↑ "Fake ghost voices played on loudspeaker in many parts of Kashmir at night to create panic in society - The RealKashmir News Fact Check". The RealKashmir News. 2021-01-08. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- ↑ Desk, K. M. (2021-01-09). "J&K Wildlife dept calls sighting of Yethi (Rantas) in South Kashmir hoax". Kashmir Mirror. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- ↑ Manzoor, Fazil (2021-01-09). "Rantas in Kashmir | Videos circulated on social media: Fake or Real". JK Chrome. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
This article "Rantas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.