February 18, 1986
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Holland High School|
Dan Hughes (born 18 February 1986), professionally known as Radikal Hughes, is an American Christian Recording Artist, Faith Based Influencer, and Serial Entrepreneur. He is the founder of two podcasts called "The Radikal Marketer Podcast" and "The Radikal Nation Podcast". Radikal Hughes is also the founder of the very popular and rapidly growing online community known to many as "Radikal Nation".
Within the Christian Music Industry, Radikal Hughes specializes in the sub genres of Christian Rap and Christian Pop Music. As an independent musician who has notably contributed to creating a versatile music production environment and mastered in helping aspiring entrepreneurs to achieve success. He is a charismatic musician who focuses on promoting Christian values through his music and his artistry platform on social media. Radikal’s music focuses around making people accept their mistakes and focus on ‘Love God and Love People.’
Radikal Hughes has been featured in several media outlets including LA Weekly, Influencive, Deccan Herald, Market Watch, Thrive Global, Disrupt Magazine, Latin Post, Tech Times, Post Magazine, Music Industry Weekly, Medium, London Daily Post, California Herald, Kivo Daily, Yahoo, Celeb Mix, Rapzilla, among many other music blogs.
Early life and education
Radikal Hughes was born to Sherri Lynn Norlin and Daniel LeRoy Hughes in Toledo, Ohio, on February 18, 1986. His parents unfortunately got divorced when Radikal was at the early age of three years old and Radikal was raised by his mother Sherri Lynn Norlin in Grand Rapids, MI. As an early adolescent Radikal lived through an unstable childhood due to numerous custody battles and later moved with his father to live in Williamsburg, VA. However, due to key life events, Radikal Hughes ended up moving back to the state of Michigan where he ended up graduating from Holland High School in Holland, MI, in 2004. Radikal Hughes never attended a university, as he pursued a life built around ministry and entrepreneurship.
Radikal Hughes converted to the Christian faith in his senior year of high school and has been walking a life of faith ever since.
Radikal started his career in 2009 when he signed with a Christian Label named 220 Entertainment Group, which had global distribution through Fontana Universal. During this time, Radikal Hughes was signed alongside several of today's most influential christian artists including Ryan Stevenson, Rachel Lampa, Group 1 Crew, Mali Music, Rhema Soul, and many others. During his time with 220 Entertainment Group, Radikal Hughes released his first nationwide single called Ego which was produced by Evin Groves, also known as Main Event West. During this period of time, Radikal Hughes consistently performed as an opening act at shows across America that headlined Christian Mainstream Artists such as Jamie Grace, Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, KJ52, Beckah Shae, Pillar, Plumb, along with many other artists.
In the beginning of 2015, Radikal released his Debut album titled "Free 2 Fly" followed by his most impactful and recognized album at the end of 2015 called "Radikal Nation". Radikal Nation was regarded as his Magnum Opus, and received great acclaim. It even attracted fruitful collaborations with prolific musicians including Grammy-nominated artist Da’ T.R.U.T.H., Grammy-nominated producer Rey King, and many other high profile and popular artists like Christon Gray, Dee -1, Seckond Chaynce, Bizzle, Sevin, GRITS, and Datin. A year later, Radikal decided to take a sabbatical from the music industry and went completely underground for over five years.
Radikal Nation charted for numerous weeks on iTunes and the success of the Radikal Nation album allowed Radikal Hughes to gain massive social media traction and develop an international multi-cultural fanbase. Due to this popularity, Radikal was also asked to become a keynote speaker for the Virginia Tech Hokies College Football team before their homecoming game vs the Duke Blue Devils in 2015 and in 2016 released a song that was created for the Ohio State Buckeye College Football Team.
To this day Radikal Hughes continues to be widely respected for his remarkable discography and unique style within the Christian Music Industry along with the impact he makes as a Christian Influencer. Radikal Hughes plans on releasing another album in the summer of 2022.
In the media
- "Radikal Hughes". IMDb. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Recording Artist Radikal Hughes Doubles Down On His Transition Into The Business Sector". Deccan Herald. 12 March 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes Hit Singles "Enfuego" and "Aye Dios Mio" Are Spreading Like Wildfire Across Latin America". Latin Post - Latin news, immigration, politics, culture. 5 April 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- Penske, Tyler (5 April 2021). "Is Christian Rapper Radikal Hughes About to Release the Most Controversial Album That Christian Music Has Ever Seen?". Kivo Daily. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes Pioneers An International Online Community Built On Faith, Hope, And Love". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Christian Rapper Radikal Hughes Explains why Millenials are Seeking Faith Based Influencers Like Never Before". Influencive. 10 April 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes Stops The Music To Empower Others To Find Their True Voice and True Identity". in.style.yahoo.com. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- Jones, Patrick (7 April 2021). "Christian Recording Artist And Influencer Radikal Hughes Exposes How He Is Leveraging Technology To Build A Faith-Based Empire". Tech Times. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes Single "Fallin 4 U" Is Empowering Women and Bringing Increased Awareness to Domestic Violence". LA Weekly. 10 April 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes Pauses the Music to Dominate the Influencer Marketplace". MarketWatch. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- Penske, Tyler (31 March 2021). "Is Radikal Hughes Considering A Return To Release What Would Be His Most Controversial Album Yet?". Music Industry Weekly. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes: The Christian Music Icon Who Sparked a Global Movement Called Radikal Nation". Disrupt Magazine. 30 March 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- Nelson, Greg (5 April 2021). "Radikal Hughes Faith-Infused Single "Alone Tonight" Featuring Sevin And Bizzle Continues To Inspire Lives And Deliver Hope Amidst A Global Pandemic". California Herald. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- "Radikal Hughes interview : JubileeCast". jubileecast.com. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- Official Website
- Radikal Hughes on Facebook
- Radikal Hughes on Twitter
- Radikal Hughes on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- Radikal Hughes on TikTok
- Radikal Hughes on Medium
- Radikal Hughes on Spotify
- Radikal Hughes on Apple Music
- Radikal Hughes on Sound Cloud
- Radikal Hughes on Yadahdaking
- Radikal Hughes on IMdB