Pupil is a British property technology company that produces a spatial data product called, Spec. Spec uses artificial intelligence to measure residential property interiors and can produce floor plans, 3D digital twins, and virtual tours. The company is based in London.
Pupil was founded in London in 2015 by James D. Marshall (CEO), Oliver Breach (Chairman and COO), and David Mullett (CDO). Beginning in July 2017, the Spec tool was trialed for one year by two real estate companies: JLL and Hunters. Spec uses 3D cameras to collect data points that are used to create floor plans, digital twins, and virtual tours. During the RICS-backed trial, Spec digital surveyors captured large amounts of data to train their machine learning and computer vision pipeline. Spec was first made available for beta testing in June 2018.
- Martin, Andy. "How Pupil is using virtual reality to help take the hassle out of house hunting". The Independent.
- Mosqueda, Jr., Mars W. (20 March 2020). "SG developer City Developments leads funding in London AI startup Pupil". Deal Street Asia. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Renshaw, Rosalind (3 September 2018). "New floorplans service claims to be accurate to millimetre". Property Industry Eye. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Akhaya T., Prisca (19 March 2020). "Morning News Roundup: HR tech startup EngageRocket secures US$3M in Series A funding led by Qualgro". E27. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Cox, Hugo (25 March 2020). "Virtual property viewings: is this how we buy houses during the coronavirus pandemic?". The Times. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Dollard, Christopher (12 July 2019). "Pupil Spatial Data Company and the Leica BLK360: Case Study". Leica. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "Oliver Breach". CrunchBase. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Norwood, Graham (17 July 2018). "Agents back tool which claims to create "most accurate" floorplans". Estate Agent Today. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Bell, Richard (11 February 2019). "This week's London appointments". BDaily. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- Pupil | LinkedIn
- Pupil | Crunchbase
- Working at Pupil | Glassdoor.co.in
- Pupil Company Profile: Valuation & Investors | PitchBook
- Pupil; An Independent Overview - Unissu
- London-based proptech Pupil raises €14.9 million to expand its spatial data tools
- London spatial data firm Pupil raises £13.9m - BusinessCloud
- Pupil Company Profile - Office Locations, Competitors
- UK start-up Pupil brings in business heavyweights to advise on global expansion
This article "Pupil (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.