Protection of the Virgin Mary Monastery
Protection of the Virgin Mary Monastery is a monastic community for women in the Serbian Orthodox Eparchy of New Gračanica and Midwestern America, part of the Serbian Orthodox Church in North and South America. It had been the Presentation of the Virgin Mary Monastery in Marshfield, Missouri, in the Eparchy of the Midwest in the Orthodox Church in America, until the nuns, led by Abbess Sergia, having increased in age, relocated to live at the same campus as the Holy Archangel Michael and All Angels Skete (led by Hieromonk Alexeii) and St. Xenia Sisterhood (led by Abbess Brigid) in Weatherby, MO in 2006 and by 2018 had also moved under the omophor of His Grace Bishop Longin Krčo of Serbian Orthodox Eparchy of New Gračanica and Midwestern America.
The community was originally founded on 15 September 1998, in Ohio under the auspices of His Grace Bishop Job of Chicago and the Midwest (now Archbishop), and in 2006 moved to Marshfield, Missouri, with the gift of land and as a response to the lay, desire to have a monastic presence in southern Missouri.
- "Holy Archangel Michael and All Angels Skete". archangelmichael.
- "Presentation of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Monastery, Marshfield, MO (2020)". www.localprayers.com.
- "Presentation of the Virgin Mary". web.archive.org. September 16, 2008.
- "Parishes - Presentation of the Virgin Mary Monastery - Orthodox Church in America". web.archive.org. June 24, 2016.
- "Wayback Machine". web.archive.org. February 23, 2011.
This article "Protection of the Virgin Mary Monastery" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.