Prof. Aleksandar Ljubic
Prof. Aleksandar Ljubic
|Born||1958 (age 62–63)|
|Education||University of Belgrade|
|Years active||1986 - present|
Prof. Aleksandar Ljubic (born 1958) is a Serbian gynecologist, author, lecturer, and keynote speaker. He is the founder of the Serbian Society of ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology and Serbian Ian Donald Inter-university school for medical ultrasound. Ljubic also co-founded the first Serbian private health platform, named Medigroup.
Ljubic specializes in reproductive medicine and high-risk pregnancies and is one of the renowned gynecologists in Serbia. Ljubić is a member of several national and international associations and has organized multiple conferences in the field of gynecology and perinatal medicine. Ljubic is considered a pioneer in invasive ultrasound-guided fetal procedures, direct maturation of fetal lungs, inventor of the method of prenatal hearing screening (PHS) (Sovilj-Ljubic), non-surgical fibroids treatment, and advanced NOTES laparoscopic procedures.
Ljubic is the recipient of several national and international awards including, the I Investigator Award, The Belgrade Science Award for Science, and others. He has been featured in Zena, Blic, and several other Serbian media outlets.
Early life and education
Ljubic was born in 1958 in Belgrade, Serbia. He completed his graduation at the University of Belgrade Faculty of Medicine. For his further education, Ljubic went to the USA, UK, Japan, and Greece, where he pursued his post-graduate and doctoral degrees.
Ljubic started his career in 1986 when he joined the Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Centre of Serbia, as the Head of the Caesarean Section and High-Risk Pregnancy Department. He worked for 26 years at this center.
In 1995 when he joined the Belgrade University School of Medicine as an assistant professor. Ljubic worked at this university for over a decade, during which he assumed the roles of an associate professor of gynecology and obstetrics from 2004 and also worked as a full professor at the DIU (Dubrovnik International University). He left the university in 2013.
Soon after that Ljubic co-founded Medigroup health system, the first Serbian private health platform, where he was the CMO for a year.
In 2015 Ljubic was appointed as the Deputy Secretary-General of the World Association of Perinatal Medicine.
During his career, Ljubic has lectured at various international and national congresses and conferences. He has also organized a number of conferences in the field of gynecology and perinatal medicine.
Ljubic is the chairman of 10 global research projects and has authored over 500 articles along with publishing 25 books. Ljubic is also a member of the editorial board of sic renowned expert journals.
Ljubic is the founder of the SEGOVA program, Forever Young, and is presently a visiting professor at Weill Cornell Medical School, USA.
- The Serbian Society of ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology
- The Serbian Ian Donald Inter-university school for medical ultrasound
- The World Association for Perinatal Medicine.
- The Fetus as a patient society
- The International Academy of Perinatal Medicine
- Dubrovnik International University Libertas
Honors and awards
Ljubic is the recipient of several national and international awards:
- I Investigator Award – XIII Trophoblast conference (1992) Rochester, USA
- The Belgrade Science Award for Science (1993), Belgrade, Serbia
- Sir William Liley Award (WAPM)
- Order of the Knights of the Private Health Sector, Association of Private Healthcare Institutions and Private Practices of Serbia (2020)
- Section for perinatal medicine Serbian Medical Society
- Section of obstetrics and gynecologist Serbian Medical Society
- Association for ultrasound in medicine
- Society of obstetrics and gynecologist of Yugoslavia
- "Prof. dr Ljubić Aleksandar". Medigroup. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "HOMEPAGE". aleksandarljubic.com. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- iandonaldschools (PDF). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Forever Young". www.foreveryoung.global. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Prof. Aleksandar Ljubić, MD, PhD". invivox.com. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- Milic, Miona (7 December 2016). "Belgrade, a World Center of Perinatal Medicine". SEE Business travel & meetings magazine. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- N, V. "Dr Ljubić: Posle dva meseca omogućen nastavak programa VTO". zena (in српски / srpski). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "S*KS TOKOM KORONE SAMO POD OVIM USLOVOM: Doktor Ljubić naglasio BITNU STVAR, obavezno ga POSLUŠAJTE". www.srbijadanas.com (in srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- ""Svaki ulazak u bolnicu je rizik": Evo zašto nije pametno sada ostati u drugom stanju". Telegraf.rs (in српски / srpski). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- Nedeljković, Violeta. "Naš poznati stručnjak savetuje: Nije vreme za trudnoću dok traje pandemija". zena (in српски / srpski). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Aleksandar Ljubić imenovan za zamenika sekretara Svetske asocijacije perinatalne medicine". Blic.rs (in српски / srpski). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Profesor dr Ljubić imenovan za Zamenika generalnog sekretara Svetske asocijacije perinatalne medicine". NOVOSTI (in српски / srpski). Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "SEGOVA Ovarian Rejuvenation - Safe, Innovative & Autologous". Segova. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "council – International Academy of Perinatal Medicine". Retrieved 17 December 2020.