PickFu is an online market research tool that enables users to ask a single poll question and be connected with targeted survey respondents. The company was founded in 2008 by Justin Chen and John Li. PickFu is privately owned by Two-Bit Operation LLC.
PickFu was formed in 2008 with a two-option Head-to-Head poll as its sole surveying format. This method of surveying relies on pairwise comparisons, in which survey respondents vote on two creative options and provide a written comment explaining their choice. In 2015, the company introduced the Head-to-Head Round Robin format to evaluate more than two creative options. This product automates a round-robin tournament or all-play-all format. In 2016, the company released a Ranked Poll option, which enables respondents to see three to eight options all at once at rank them in order of their preference, then submit a comment explaining their choices. This method of polling relies on instant run-off voting until a majority is reached.
In 2017, PickFu released the PickFu Solo poll, or the ability to ask an open-ended question without various options.
PickFu in the media
- Gerber, Scott (September 30, 2015). "13 Tools entrepreneurs love for conducting market research".
- Robinson, Ryan (August 21, 2019). "5 Best Sites for Unbiased Feedback on Your Business Idea".
- Pofeldt, Elaine (September 30, 2019). "Not Sure If You've Picked a Winning Name For Your Business? Here's How To Take the Risk Out of Branding It".
- Sutton, Bradley (Mar 3, 2020). "Interview with PickFu's founders".
- "$1B Unicorn Thrasio Touts PickFu as One of Its Tools to Success". July 22, 2020.
- "Chan", "Nathan" (July 18, 2019). "Taking on Google".