|Add a Photo|
|Born||December 2, 1952|
Ft. Jackson, S.C.
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Phillip Jarrell (born December 2, 1952 in Ft. Jackson, S.C.) is a songwriter, musician, designer, and fine art photographer. He is an American multimedia artist whose credits include co-writing the American classic number one hit song Torn Between Two Lovers sung by Mary McGregor, which has also been recorded in many other languages across the world.
- Phillip was a staff writer for Muscle Shoals Sound Studio · 1975 to 1977.
- From 1977 to 1979 Phillip signed with Motown Records as a Recording Artist/Producer/Song Writer .
- In 1979 to 1981 a Recording Artist/Producer/Song Writer with 20th Century Fox Records.
- From 1979 to 1981 he produced the new wave band The Lurkers including their album God’s Lonely Men and Out In The Dark EP: "Cyanide” along with their greatest hits compilation Last Will And Testament, released by Beggars Banquet Records.
- in the 80's Phillip developed music projects for the TV program 'Sesame Street' and created musical stories for Toys R Us.
- He directed the music video Salty Water , and co-produced the Salty Water EP. The Salty Water video was released for the first time on the USA for UNHCR and support of the USA for UNHCR’s “A Mile Together” campaign.
From 1981 Phillip traveled the fashion trails from Paris, Milan, Hamburg, London, New York etc. It was a 20 year journey as a fashion photographer that lead him to Shanghai.
Phillip relocated to Shanghai in 2002, and co-founded 5th Avenue Photography Studio. He has since shot for numerous magazine covers, and has added a world-class commercial brand names to his client list. His experience in the fashion industry includes Elle Magazine, Italian Cosmo, Stuff, Biba, Oggi, Rolling Stone|Rolling Stone Magazine, Seventeen, Cosmo Girl, America Online, and VH-1 Channel New York, to name a few. Phillip also worked with many major celebrities including The Rolling Stones, Avril Lavigne , Celine Dion, Beyoncé, Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera, Liu De hua (Andy Lau), Zhao Wei , Li Bing Bing , Fan Bingbing, Zhong Liti, Liu Ye, Xiao S, Hu Bing, Han Xue, Zeng Li , Ren Quan , Li Quan , Ding Zi jun , Xiong Dai lin , Zhang Jingchu , Zhang Zilin , Huang Yi , Tang Jili , Zhang Ting, Wang Li Hong, Zhao Mo, Chen Hao, Li Xiaoran , Yang Gongru , Liu Tao , Qi Wei ,Chen Long, He Run Dong among others.
In 2016 Phillip Jarrell shot the China ad campaign and world PR for the 1st ever mandarin production of The Lion King for Shanghai Disney Resort.
In 2018 Phillip Jarrell shot the China ad campaign and world PR for the mandarin production of Beauty and the Beast for Shanghai Disney Resort.
Phillip Jarrell has also created a line of musical instruments, Jarrell Guitars. His guitars are coveted by some of the most celebrated pop & rock guitarist in the world, including Madonna’s guitarist, Monte Pittman. Phillip has created a series of three Monte Pittman Signature guitars. In 2012, the MDNA Madonna World Tour was the highest grossing tour of all time for a solo artist.
The Artist Signature Guitar of 2013 is the JV-1 Mike Wead V guitar. Mike Wead is the lead guitarist for the legendary act King Diamond,
Endorsed artist include Mac McAnally (member of the Jimmy Buffet Band and winner of CMA’s “Musician of the Year” for an unprecedented 10 years span), Peter Mayer (also from the Jimmy Buffett Band), Steve Postell (David Crosby), Jeff Pevar (Ricky Lee Jones), Simon Johansson (Wolf), and Tomás Doncker just to name just a few.
Fine art and photography
As well as being a fashion and music photographer, Phillip also has created a fine art show, “The Yoke of Beauty, a Fine Art Photography Exhibition".
He also photographs for many model agencies in the US, Europe, and Asia, along with Universal Records and Rampage Records in New York, and Sony Music, Asia.
Phillip Jarrell’s Rock and Roll Art Journey, was exhibited at the Zhu Jia Jiao Humanistic Museum, in Shanghai, China in 2016.
- I Sing My Songs For You (1977) Prodigal / P6-10020S1
- 'Till I Found You
- Wings of Time
- Too Many Saturday Nights
- Woodstock Woman
- I'm Dying
- Torn Between Two Lovers
- Manhattan Lady
- Pretty Lady
- Only You
- Phillip Jarrell (1979) 20th Century Fox Records T-568
- Shock The World
- Life Has Got To Get Better
- Baby Don't You Know (I Need Your Love)
- Too Many City Folks Singin' Country Music
- Count The Minutes
- Homerun Hitter
- Bleecker Street
- Take Love For What It Is
- Cross Country (unknown) Plastic Poison – PP-1401
- Baby Don't You Know I Need Your Love
- Too many Saturday Nights
- Too Many City Folks Singing Country Music
- Bayou Lady
- Shock The World With Love
- Homerun Hitter
- I'm Dyin'
- Take Love For What It Is
- I'm Dyin' (7") Prodigal 1977
In the media
- "Salty Water music video by Sevi Ettinger (fundraiser page)".
- Amy Qin (Jun 6, 2016). "Can You Say 'Hakuna Matata' in Mandarin?". The New York Times. Retrieved May 2, 2020.
- "Jarrell Guitars Debuts Monte Pittman Signature Guitar". Premier Guitar. January 12, 2012. Retrieved May 2, 2020.
- "JV-1 Mike Wead V Signature Guitar".
- "Phillip Jarrell 'The Yoke of Beauty' A Fine Art Photography Exhibition" (PDF). intheArtworld. April 2010. Retrieved May 2, 2020.
- "Phillip Jarrell's Rock and Roll Art Journey Exhibition Opening (link in Chinese)". China News. Sep 9, 2016. Retrieved May 2, 2020.
- "Phillip Jarrell I'm Dying". Billboard Magazine on Google Books. January 7, 1978. Retrieved May 2, 2020.
- Phillip Jarrell | Discography | Discogs
- Cover versions of Torn Between Two Lovers by Phillip Jarrell
- Phillip Jarrell | Songs | AllMusic
- Phillip Jarrell on gaana.com
- Phillip Jarrell - I Sing My Songs For You | FINN.no
This article "Phillip Jarrell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.