|Add a Photo|
|Birth name||Philippe Greiss|
|Born||1990 (age 31–32)|
|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||Collège Stanislas|
Philippe Greiss, professionally known as Phil Greiss, is a Canadian songwriter, record producer, musician, sound designer and mixer.
Early life and education
Greiss was born in Meaux, France. In 1990 he moved to Montreal with his family. He later attended Collège Stanislas (Quebec).
He came to prominence in Quebec for his production work with the Hip-Hop band L.M.D.S (Hip Hop Album Of The Year A.D.I.S.Q 1997) & artists such as Mario Pelchat (A.D.I.S.Q 2000 Song of the Year), Corneille (Parce Qu'on Vient De Loin, 2002), Gage (Soul Rebel, 2005) 
He later composed, produced, recorded and mixed Zaho 's first albums DIMA (2008) and Contagieuse (2012) including the singles C'est Chelou, La Roue Tourne, Kif'n'Dir, Je Te Promets, Tourner La Page, gathering numerous awards and accolades
In 2016 he mixed multiple singles on Maitre Gims's diamond album Mon cœur avait raison, including Sapés comme jamais (Victoire original song of the year 2016) , as well as many singles for artists such as Kendji Girac, Vianney, La fouine and others
In 2017 he mixed, mastered and did additional production on "Mi Gente", a collaboration beetween DJ-Producer Willy William & superstar Colombian artist J Balvin, produced by Willy William. The huge international success of the song led to a version that also featured Beyoncé in a new remix. The song received a Latin Billboard Music Award and the music video amassed over 2.7 billion views and received in 2018 an MTV Video Music Award for Best Latin Video, maintained #1 Spotify Global for 12 consecutive weeks, while topping charts across the world as #1 in a great number of countries.
Phil was nominated twice at the 2018 Latin Grammy awards for Record Of The Year (Mi Gente) and Album Of The Year (Vibras) 
In 2018 he produced and mixed "Goodbye", a David Guetta and Jason Derulo song that featured Nicki Minaj and Willy William. The song reached gold status in multiple countries and gathered over 220 million streams on Spotify.
In 2019 he produced and mixed "Perras Como Tu" by Colombian singer Farina wich became the title song of Columbia Picture's movie Miss Bala
In 2020 he co-wrote Savage Love by Jason Derulo & Jawsh 685 wich peaked #3 on Spotify (Global Top 50) on june 27th 2020
In the media
- "Phil Greiss". MAX. Retrieved 2020-06-28.
- "Zaho", Wikipédia (in français), 2020-06-10, retrieved 2020-06-28
- "Phil Greiss, Music Producer, Mixer - Focal Artist". Focal. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "Artist - RME Audio Interfaces | Format Converters | Preamps | Network Audio & MADI Solutions". www.rme-audio.com. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- "2018 Latin GRAMMY Awards Complete Winners List". GRAMMY.com. 2018-09-20. Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Phil Greiss on facebook
- Phil Greiss on twitter
- Phil Greiss on instagram
- Phil Greiss, Music Producer, Mixer - Focal Artist | Focal
- Phil Greiss — MAX
- Phil Greiss | Discography | Discogs
- Phil Greiss makes 'Mi Gente' mix in-the-box with RME
- Phil Greiss | Credits | AllMusic
- Phil Greiss - Samples, Covers and Remixes | WhoSampled
- Phil Greiss on Jaxsta - Official Music Credits
- Phil Greiss Lyrics, Songs, and Albums | Genius